• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Top of wildcat pictures

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
My girlfriend and I went up wildcat road out of Sandy to get our Christmas picture today at the top of the mountain. We made it 98% of the way to the top in the Jeep but the snow got to deep to drive in uphill. :bawl:I was very impressed with the KM2 tires, the snow was very dry but still slippery and deep. They really pull forward hard, at first I was not confident in the side hill ability but being aired down made a huge difference. I could have taken all the air out of my tires and still sank almost all the way down in the snow, it was almost over my 35inch tires at the top in spots.

It was so cold at the top our camera and cell phone only worked for 5 minutes, it was crazy cold! The batteries were fully charged in all devices but in the cold they all had low batteries. The GPS still worked but at slug speed. There were no tire tracks just snowmobile tracks but they didn't go as far as we did. It is pretty crazy being in an enviroment that extreme, you really need to go prepared!

SnowWheelin2008023.jpg

Heading up to the top.

SnowWheelin2008059.jpg

This is were we started walking from, we could go forward but only inchs at a time in the deep stuff.

SnowWheelin2008044.jpg

We walked about 150 yards from the Jeep to the top, the snow was over my knees the whole way but at the very top.

SnowWheelin2008057.jpg

Here is a picture facing portland, the sunset was amazing but to cold to wait outside and get pictures.

SnowWheelin2008053.jpg

We got our christmas picture, I can't believe our camera didn't blow away!

SnowWheelin2008049.jpg

Sweet shot of Mt. Hood.

Nice.
It's supposed to snow like 6inches Wednesday! Thanks for some teasing and drive to get me to fix my damn Jeep one more time! :) (stupid thing stopped working on me on the side of an ice covered road)

~Scott

Damn Josh. don't think id have gone that deep all alone. great pics though. Great sunny day for some scenic wheelin.

p.s. be carefull man.
I know what you mean, it would have been much better to have another rig but we didn't. I know the trail very well and deffinently went prepared with everything needed and a insane amount of clothing. I have numerous friends that live in the area and we had cell service the whole time. The plan was to do more hiking and less driving but we were able to drive almost all the way to the top. I don't think the trail will be driveable for that much longer, at least the upper part.

Either your girlfriend is taller than you, or you have a pretty mouth and poor taste in outerwear.

But nice pics, looked like a cool run. I'm looking forward to getting out in the snow soon.

makes me want to finish my jeep and put the tires on.

Either your girlfriend is taller than you, or you have a pretty mouth and poor taste in outerwear.

But nice pics, looked like a cool run. I'm looking forward to getting out in the snow soon.
I love the color pink, what can I say! I want to look cute driving driving around in a lifted cherokee. That means my girlfriend has to look tough so I don't get beat up by all the Toyota guys...

If the snow does not get to deep we could plan a small run up this trail. It is to tight with not many spots to turn around so having to many rigs on the trail would probably be a mess. I would say lockers, winch, and tires no smaller than 33's with good tread would be required. There is one side hill spot about halfway up the trail that always scares me. People do slide off, the snowmobiles almost did. You wouldn't roll but it would not be fun getting back out.

Back