• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Letters to save Johnson Valley....need more right away!

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
As an OHV community, we need to get some more letters out about saving Johnson Valley. As many of you know, the Marines have proposed to take away all of the area we use in Johnson Valley. This could happen in as soon as two years.

Please take a few minutes, right now, to go to the Pirate4x4 letter generator and send off a few simple comments about this area being important to you, and that you oppose it being taken by the Marines.

Johnson Valley letter generator

There is a sample letter to help you, and some instructions on how to compose a simple letter. Please take a moment to do this, if you haven't already.

Thanks,

One thing to remember boyz, is that this is not a vote.
You need to give reasons that the Marines should not move west into Johnson Valley. Simply saying that you don't want them to doesn't work.
We need to make them know why.
Have you invested lots of money into your hobby that will be adversely
effected by the Marines move?
Do you want them to look into options that they have not mentioned yet.
(Ft Erwin is just down the road ya' know?)
The military complains about how hard of a time it is to work with other branches on the battlefield, why the hell don't they 'practice' it at Ft. Erwin?

Moving east should have been the #1 option for the Marines. The only reason they want to move west is that they believe that it would be the line of least resistance.
I guess they know us better than we know ourselves.

Every single one of us who has ever enjoyed even one day out in JV should be involved. If it was up to me involvement would be a requirement of membership to NAXJA.

Have you attended any public forums?
Written a letter?
Called an elected official?
Prodded a fellow wheeler to do the same?

Over this weekend there was the first on site rally to save Johnson Valley.
How many of us attended?
Did you attend?

The deadline for comments to the BLM is tomorrow.
But.....the deadline for comments to the Marines is Jan. 31st.
All comments sent to the Marines will be shared with the BLM and visa versa.
So, we have an effective deadline of January 31st for all comments regarding JV to be sent.

I attended rick, wrote letters, but your right there were not enough of us there this weekend.I have a bunch of comment cards that are being filled out for those that couldn't make it this weekend. After being out there this weekend it would be a huge loss if we were to loose jv.

jesse

I attended rick, wrote letters, but your right there were not enough of us there this weekend.I have a bunch of comment cards that are being filled out for those that couldn't make it this weekend. After being out there this weekend it would be a huge loss if we were to loose jv.

jesse

It was great to meet you Jesse, and you showed great intellegence not following Matty and I down some of those rock piles, my hat is off to you!
(Did you get any good pictures?)

:D

Ya i got a few of you and matty on some of the crazier lines, ill try to get them up tomorrow, i had a great time with you guys, hope to do a lot more wheeling with you in the future.
jesse

Back