• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo-cage

MogifiedXJ said:
Mark Smith or The Mark Smith...because I'm confused now which one is which.
Mark Smith was 'Mark Smith', but then 'Mark Smith' wasn't Mark Smith, so now Mark Smith is 'The Mark Smith', and 'Mark Smith' isn't 'The Mark Smith'. Comprende?

Mambeu said:
Mark Smith was 'Mark Smith', but then 'Mark Smith' wasn't Mark Smith, so now Mark Smith is 'The Mark Smith', and 'Mark Smith' isn't 'The Mark Smith'. Comprende?

No comprende.

But anyways, Yes, A lot of people just make their own.

Mambeu said:

ohhhhh i see now :looney:

Model 3 Tubing bender, pedestal and angle guage - $430
Die set for approx 1.75 inch tubing - $290
DOM tubing - $100-200
About $900 same price as their cheapest 2 door cage.

Get the stuff, make your own to what you want and now u have all the tools to do a cage inside as well for next to nothing, and u can do cool tubing stuff for bumpers, rockers etc.

twisted_ed said:
Model 3 Tubing bender, pedestal and angle guage - $430
Die set for approx 1.75 inch tubing - $290
DOM tubing - $100-200
About $900 same price as their cheapest 2 door cage.

Get the stuff, make your own to what you want and now u have all the tools to do a cage inside as well for next to nothing, and u can do cool tubing stuff for bumpers, rockers etc.

i don't see welder in there, how are you gonna join it together? spitballs and duct tape?

Mines held together with hose clamps... and chewing gum. Sorry, yes mig or tig welder required. I already have one so forgot to include that

twisted_ed said:
Mines held together with hose clamps... and chewing gum. Sorry, yes mig or tig welder required. I already have one so forgot to include that

damn no wonder mine failed, do you have a writeup on the hoseclamp/chewing gum setup?

Sure,

first to keep this a budget build you go to costco and get a case of gum. I found that trident cherry flavour had superior tensile strength, if that no available or the cost is too much a bucket of double bubble will work too.

next start chewing untill you have enough gum to fill the end of your notched tubing, then stick it to the other tube. Then clamp two clamps on either side of the tube, clamping two more to the top then one around the tube with gum. Done. repeat. simple and cheap. If the clamps cost too much, i recommend duck tape.

I hate to say anything but $100-$200 for tubing. At that price, I want a bunch.

twisted_ed said:
DOM tubing - $100-200
old_man said:
I hate to say anything but $100-$200 for tubing. At that price, I want a bunch.

Me too! :thumbup:

He must be building the rig one of two ways:
1) With only 20-30 feet of tube
or
2) Entirely out of 1/2 OD DOM

:gee: :rof:

RCman said:
Me too! :thumbup:

He must be building the rig one of two ways:
1) With only 20-30 feet of tube
or
2) Entirely out of 1/2 OD DOM

:gee: :rof:

Thats the recycling place price, not new, I prices out enuf for new and it was somthing like $400

Back