• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HVAC(Heater) Switch Interchangeability for '89

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

Does anyone know what years the HVAC (heater control switch) interchange for the '89 XJ?

I have an '89 with a/c and got one from a '88 (I think) and it didn't work.

Someone told me that the heater switch from '90 and '91 will work, but I want to know for sure what years will work..

Thanks,
E

Are you talking about the temp control slide switch or the four position blower speed switch? In what respect wouldn't it work? I don't think there were a lot of differences in the several years you are referring to but can't swear to it.

Are you talking about the temp control slide switch or the four position blower speed switch?
The whole thing.

In what respect wouldn't it work?
In the respect that it's completely gone.. ;)
When I got the Jeep, it didn't have it at all.

I don't think there were a lot of differences in the several years you are referring to but can't swear to it.
Yeah. I didn't think there were any differences, but I can't swear to it either. I don't want to go through the hassle of pulling and paying for another one and not have it fit.

E

Are you talking about the temp control slide switch or the four position blower speed switch? In what respect wouldn't it work? I don't think there were a lot of differences in the several years you are referring to but can't swear to it.

I think Pelican's question was why didn't the '88 SW "work" in the '89?
Physical size/orientation? Electrical?

I think Pelican's question was why didn't the '88 SW "work" in the '89?
Physical size/orientation? Electrical?

Gotcha..

The vacuum lines didn't match up to the back of the switch. I'm not sure what they control. The vents??

Thanks,
E

Vac lines control the vent positions and the heater valve.

heatercontrolssl1.jpg

Does anyone have the ability to cross reference the parts?? I can't find anyplace online that sells the swtich.

Thanks,
E

I've never bought from them, but RockAuto.com sells the 4 speed blower control switches for various years; most of them seem to be less than 10.00+ shipping. I have a 94 XJ country and mine is 8.99+shipping. They have a great search setup, and found various other hard to find parts. Not too sure on interchangability, but hope this site helps you find what you need.

Not sure if this will help or not but the original jeep part # for the 89/90 w/ac heater control is 5600-1762

Thanks everyone.

That helps a lot... I have find a '89 or '90 heater switch..

(That's weird that the switch only covers 2 years. You'd think it would be used on more years.. :dunno: )

E

Back