• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for Manual XJ

bwhenkaline4

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I live in Redmond Oregon and im trying and not having any luck at all finding a Xj with a 5 speed 91 to 95. Any helpful hints or ideas on where to look? I have scoured craiglist, autotrader, and absolute no luck.

got a pic? I might b e interested. Also where are you located?

Well, if the engine braking force exceeds the traction the tires have, it will simply lock up the tires, the same as hitting the brake pedal. You've never had that happen?

-----Matt-----

I've never had that happen, I agree it can. In a situation like that you are screwed either way and probably shouldn't be on the road in any wheeled vehicle.

I've never had that happen, I agree it can. In a situation like that you are screwed either way and probably shouldn't be on the road in any wheeled vehicle.
That's not very fun. I don't think the answer is not driving, just knowing how to react if you do lock up the wheels (scream).

-----Matt-----

That's not very fun. I don't think the answer is not driving, just knowing how to react if you do lock up the wheels (scream).

-----Matt-----
depends how level the ground is. If you live on a hill in Portland you don't drive. If you have flat ground you are not sliding you are "drifting".

I heard you might have/be getting new tires?

I heard you might have/be getting new tires?
That's the idea, I sure need 'em. Couple things dangling at the moment, waiting for things to settle down. See if anyone can guess (except those who already know):

Radial
3-ply
Directional
Heavily Siped
avail in 35x12.50
Baja Tested

I actually think they're going to be great, and a good alternative to TrXus or KM2's. We'll see.

-----Matt-----

That's the idea, I sure need 'em. Couple things dangling at the moment, waiting for things to settle down. See if anyone can guess (except those who already know):

Radial
3-ply
Directional
Heavily Siped
avail in 35x12.50
Baja Tested

I actually think they're going to be great, and a good alternative to TrXus or KM2's. We'll see.

-----Matt-----

no clue, got a brand?

498.jpg

-----Matt-----

Back