• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone looking for a jeep

HAAHAHAHAHHA

HAHHAAAHHAHAHA

'AHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

Your kidding. Yeah your kidding, I can tell..

If you just think of the parts cost:

7500.00 for axles
3000.00 plus for shocks
1500.00 wheels and tires
1200.00 for bumpers
1000.00 for winch
650.00 for drive shafts
2000.00 for the Atlas
5000.00 for the XJ
1500.00 for fuel cell
350.00 for steering
and that's only the major parts, easly 10K in bullst parts and fab, add in bodywork, int, paint, he spent 50k

In this market, he should be happy with $20k.

PS...this made me laugh:
"It is a purpose built jeep that has never scene that purpose (the pictures do it justice)."

So essentially...the owner built a $35,000 mall crawler. LOL!

That's true. It looks brand new. I bet if that guy is married...his wife is realllly pissed. lol.

If you just think of the parts cost:

7500.00 for axles - Yeah Brand new and even then thats retail.
3000.00 plus for shocks - Your kidding me, 2 CO's and a pair of RE's?
1500.00 wheels and tires - WAY over priced.
1200.00 for bumpers - OMG your kidding
1000.00 for winch
650.00 for drive shafts - Yeah if you go a over priced source
2000.00 for the Atlas
5000.00 for the XJ - Thats really stretching it.
1500.00 for fuel cell - Wow thats double what a areo cost
350.00 for steering
and that's only the major parts, easly 10K in bullst parts and fab, add in bodywork, int, paint, he spent 50k

Not saying he isnt into it prolly that much, but who in thier right mind would pay 35K or even 25K for a rig like this? ITS A XJ! not a buggy. Hell for that much $ you can get a buggy and a stock 2wd clean ride.

In this market, he should be happy with $20k.

PS...this made me laugh:
"It is a purpose built jeep that has never scene that purpose (the pictures do it justice)."

So essentially...the owner built a $35,000 mall crawler. LOL!

Wonder if the wife ever got to that black friday macy's sale? lol

This from the only other Ford 9" guy around!
It may just well be worth 35K, but it would be a realllllllllllll hard sell.

If I recall... Hm.. Bent has a 9", MJR has a 9", a couple of those buggy XJ guys have 9", and Oh yeah I have 9"... So what are you jealous??

Oh and that is a nice clean built jeep, but not worth the dough in my opinion.. cleaner than some that have sold for a third of that price...

Last edited:
If I recall... Hm.. Bent has a 9", MJR has a 9", a couple of those buggy XJ guys have 9", and Oh yeah I have 9"... So what are you jealous??

Rick's only got a 4".

:looser:

That was built by Jeff at OVERKILL FAB it has been for sell for three years. It is one really nice XJ! I would not pay 35k for it but you could not build one as nice for 35K. OverKill is know for building $80k jeeps

^^^ROFLMAO!

thats a sick jeep, but 35k that guy is insane. no way

thats a sick jeep, but 35k that guy is insane. no way[/quote]

It is a lot of money in one sense, but so is 750k for a trophy truck, and that's what you would pay if you wanted one. To say he is insane, you obviously have not built a Off-Road vehicle Lately, shit, a 4 bypass bilstein is $1700.00-2k, just for one. You could not go out and buy the parts on his Jeep for 35k, so how is it insane?

You could not go out and buy the parts on his Jeep for 35k, so how is it insane?

Cause a used product isnt worth new price. Its only worth what someone will pay for it. And you know as well as I do, that only a insane person would pay that kinda money for something like that.

Oh and that is a nice clean built jeep, but not worth the dough in my opinion.. cleaner than some that have sold for a third of that price...

You only have 9" in the back Scotty ... hahhahaha kidding!!!

Back