• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vent window handle?

cherokee4fun

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy,
My drivers door vent window handle is loose! Are these adjustable?
Should I just order a new part, or should I pound out the roll pin and reinstall the old one????

Thanks for your advice,
Bob

The roll pin is not hard to get out with a fine enough tool. Once you take the roll pin out, you'll find a phillips screw inside the hollow post. Just tighten it up, and you're good to go. Don't lose the curly washer under the handle. It's an important part of the system. You can use pliers to reset the roll pin, rather than hammering it in.

I've never taken apart one of these vent windows, but for similar stuff I have used a drill bit of the appropriate size as a small punch to knock a pin out. If you happen to damage the bit, oh well, they're cheap to replace.

a small leather punch will get it moving without damaging anything from heavy handed hammering. Leather hole punch looks a lot like a paper hole punch with an adjustable head for different hole sizes.

Back