• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking door sill?

lifted00

NAXJA Forum User
My 00 jeep has a wet floor board after a rain in the front passenger side. Now it is super musty.:gonnablow Would a new door seal solve this problem completely? Thats the only thing I can think it may be. If it is the door seal, where can I get an OEM type other than the dealership? Quadratec only has them up to a 96 model. And I don't want to go the the bone yard to get an old strip that may leak also.

Thanks

Last edited:
Would a new door seal solve this problem completely?

Use the NAXJA froum search function and search terms like wet floorboards, wet carpet, leaky windshield or similar. This topic comes up fairly often. Cherokees like to leak. It can be the seal around the windshield, the seal around the blower motor, a clogged drain tube on the A/C condenser or the frame around the side window could be bent or out of alignment.

Last edited:
Use the search function and search terms like wet floorboards, wet carpet leaky windshield or similar. This topic comes up fairly often. Cherokees like to leak. It can be the seal around the windshield, the seal around the blower motor, a clogged drain tube on the A/C condenser or the frame around the side window could be bent or out of alignment.
Ive done the searching. The 97+ door seals are a bit harder to find.

Another area of leakage not listed was the luggage rack mounting brackets. That's if you have one. I removed mine siliconed them up reinstalled them and voila no wet floors.

Back