• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smoke from dash heater wiring?

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
i was just going to work switched my heater from the defrost setting to the bi level because it blows more heat. and i got a big burst of burnt plastic then smoke from under the dash and hood. i got out nothing burning under the hood and smoke insid ewent away.so i turned around and milled it back home figured it would be better to burn in the yard lol. i always had trouble with the radio when the jeep got warm and was sitting in the sun it would cut out or not work at all. so ripped the dash apart the tape for the wires for the radio are really sticky from being so warm and the connector for the the switch to turn the heater up and down is all melted looking so i'm guessing it is one of these. doesnt look like an easy job to fix the radio wiring, but would i be able to cut that heater connector of and put the one of my parts rig on it? or is the problem proobaly some where else to cause that one to melt? any help would be great

Back