• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock headlight harness question?

there was a guy that was selling the upgraded wiring. i doubt they'll hold for a long time. i'm still running stock lights with the wiring up grade and i have people flash their brights at me. imo get the wiring up grade or build it yourself. you'll save yourself the hassle for the future.

i could build my own harness but do you have a link to a diagram? the madxj instructions just show pics of the actual wires and it looks kinda confusing, but if i had a diagram i'm sure i could rig it up.

the supplies that he lists at the top, is that for doing two headlights?
its just one relay and fuse for the high beams, and that splits out to both headlights, and then another relay and fuse for the low beams, and that splits out to both headlights?

actually, the more i am reading the instructions over, the more iam understanding them, i think i might actually be capable of this. i just don't have a soldering gun.

i got mine from autozone. just dont get the stock ones. they were about $9 for the pair.
i didnt use a soldering gun. i just crimped them together

well, i just went to napa to get the parts to make the wiring harness, the bill came to $80 and that is not including the h4 plugs that they didn't have. and also, i can't find an inline fuse holder anywhere that has 10awg wire, theyh are all 12awg. it seems that it would just be cheaper to buy a harness!

i can't find a h4 plug anywhere. can't i use the stock plug that is in my jeep now? it mounts up to an h4 bulb right? i can just cut it out, pull the terminals out of it and put new terminals in with the proper gauge wires?

Back