• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar relocation?

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
so, i have the re 3.5" superflex lift. after i installed the lift i drove around for awhile w/o reloacating the trackbar and the jeep seemed to drive pretty straight w/o an issue (did not do an alignment). recently i relocated it 3/4" to the drivers side as the lift instructed, still with no alignment being done. the jeep now pulls heavily to the passenger side. should i put the trackbar back to the stock location where it seemed to track straighter or just get the jeep aligned w/ the relocated trackbar?

When you had it in the stock location was the axle centered under the jeep or was it pulled to the driver side? when I had 3" in the front with the stock trac bar the axle was noticably pulled to the driver side. If you plan on wheeling the jeep you should probably just go ahead and get an adjustable trac bar, but if you're gonna keep the stocker i would leave it relocated and get it aligned.

it's strictly a trail jeep. before i relocated the trackbar i didn't notice any real change in the centering of the axle. after the relocation, i still don't see any noticeable difference in the centering. i haven't measured it, just going by eye.

If it's a trail jeep you're really gonna want a heavyer trac bar than the stock piece... that or go get some more stockers from the junkyard so you can replace them on the trail.

Back