• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird oil press/ temp issue....

Spd9075

NAXJA Forum User
2000 sport, 4.0, 4wd auto, 150k miles.....at extended idle I've noticed the oil press dropping to zero, "check guages" light comes on and I notice my temp rising above 210. Then I hear a horriffic noise from under the hood that vibrates the whole truck....quite possibly the aux fan runnung because of the temp, but I hav'nt been in a location to pull over and look. No external oil or coolant leaks....any ideas? Thanks.

when did you chane the belt last on that thing. Thats what mine did on my 01 and it start doing those same things. tell I tightend down the pully. Now on the way home it started to do that again. I tighted it too much and snapped the bolt. made it home just fine but ticked off because the auto part store doesn't have a part # for the bolt part of it.

Sorry for taking so long to reply...had internet issues this past week.

Anyway, yeah, the belt was cracking so I threw another one on it. I also changed the oil as I just bought it a few weeks ago. It turns out wally world did the last oil change on it and it seems it had about 9qts of oil in it.....not to mention the fram filter.:doh:

So between the oil change and new belt, I havn't had an issue all week. Thanks for the reply.

Back