• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alcan springs?

leftlanetruckin

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here using alcan springs?
when i got the xj, it had 6.5" srpings in the rear. i installed a shackle relocation box, and along with extended shackles i think i can now get some 4" springs.
if not alcan, what would be a GOOD riding leaf spring? cost isnt so much of an issue, but quality, ride and flex are.
there will be no tire carrier etc on the rear, just a beefier bumper.
coming from yj's, i always ran OME, but i think with the 6.5" coils up front, their 2-3" leafs aint gonna cut it!:scared:
i have all the front dialed in now. i redid the steering with 1 ton TRE's and junked the heims the PO put on there. set the alignment (it had zero caster!). redid all teh bolts with grade 8, and so on.
new shocks all round and leaf springs/shackles, and all will be good in the world.

thanks guys

martin

I've got alcans, they're made for 5.5" with 300#s in the back. I run them with a shackle for a little over 6" of lift. I love them....couldn't be happier!! They ride nice and flex well. I don't think they've sagged in over 2 years. Love em.

thanks!
how were they to order?
i had a look at their site, but i am away from home most of the time, so its hard to get all the measurements they want....
i can get it weighed, but i doubt the missus is interested in all the rest of the stuff.
how much were they? and how long from ordering to getting them?

cheers
martin

alcans ordered through bigoffroad.com
will be going on over the christmas break!:spin1:
will be ordering some @1.5" lift boomerang shackles to compliment the springs and the shackle relocation deal too.......
be like a new rig, i hope!
martin

I have had Alcan springs on my XJ for about a year now. I ordered them to spec. as Alcan will ask you numerous questions about your XJ and what you plan to do with it. What you end up with is the perfect leafs for your rig.
The customer service is fantastic and Charles Carter is the man to talk to.
All my leafs will definitely come from Alcan.

good news!:yelclap:

they should be here before christmas, give me a little project to do i guess....
i am trying to get away from the 6.5" lift leafs that are in there now. i think my big rig flexes more than they do!:confused:
so between the shackle box relocation from brianho, and some lift shackles, the 4" leafs should do the trick, i hope....
any recomendations on a 1.5" lift shackle? i would like boomerangs from past experience...

thanks
martin

Back