• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So who's going to work tomorrow?

So what if it is why you don't go to work?

:rolleyes:

Nothing of it. I don't care. I know quite a few people who won't be going to work. I even voted no on 8!

I was trying to be funny.

This is just stupid. (To Gays:)Ok, we get it, you are unhappy that Prop 8 passed. We figured that out when you rioted. We figured it out from all the protests. By not going to work like you're supposed to, all you're doing is screwing over your coworkers who will have to pick up your slack. Mexican people tried this same thing when I was in AZ. A girl in class at college was the manager for a fast food place and 75% of her people called in Mexican. Didn't come to work as a protest to the anti-illegal immigration laws. Know what came of it? Her customers were all pissed because everything took three times as long as it should (it's hard to be fast when you're short 3 out of 4 workers), and she had to work 14 hrs, on top of 3 hrs of class

Can I call in straight on Thursday?

. Mexican people tried this same thing when I was in AZ. A girl in class at college was the manager for a fast food place and 75% of her people called in Mexican. Didn't come to work as a protest to the anti-illegal immigration laws. Know what came of it? Her customers were all pissed because everything took three times as long as it should (it's hard to be fast when you're short 3 out of 4 workers), and she had to work 14 hrs, on top of 3 hrs of class

thats the point of this kind of protest, to show you how inconvenient life without a certain group would be.

i suggest nobody schedule any hair cuts or spa treatments tomorrow.

Except no one's trying to get rid of gay people. Yes, as unfortunate as the passing of Prop 8 is for them, they're not being sent away anywhere. Just like that Mexicans who didn't come into work to show how inconvenient life would be, they were all legals (hence how they got a job being paid above the table, etc. No one's trying to get rid of legal immigrants either. All the majority of them likely did was use it as a free excuse to take a day off.

Just another excuse for lazy people to stay home without a reason.

Prop 8 passed and they need to get over it.

Just like people voted for Obama and he won, so get over it.

What, do they think people are really going to miss them and overturn the already passed proposition?

So they wanna use their sexual prefrence to bully people around?

Stupid Idea, why dont they do something proactive and go to work.

Imagine all the people whom are without work, I am sure they would be more than happy to take their place.

Hey all, I'm at work, but we're thinking of taking the day off...ya know for equal rights and all...;)

I wish they would protest like this more often, it make my job much more enjoyable, with the lack of a few people

If everyone thinks that protests are so stupid and people should get over it etc... Is this the same thing you would have told the protesters of the 50s and 60s who were fighting for equal rights for African Americans?

Did it not bring change for the good?

Is this issue not of an equal measure?

my .02

LOL, were not talking about that...

Were talking about fighting for equal rights. :rolleyes:

LOL, were not talking about that...

Were talking about fighting for equal rights. :rolleyes:
I'm all for the equal rights. I did vote yes on 8 however because in my perfect world, marriage and civil union would be separate and equal. Marriage being the religious side, civil union being the gov't/tax side. If you can find a church to marry you, you can be married, but you have no legal recourse to make a church marry you. Likewise, any two consenting adults can come to the state and apply for a civil union to get the gov't benefits. That's my solution to the issue. Keeps all us religious nuts happy by keeping marriage pure, keeps everyone else happy by ensuring equal protections/rights to all in this area.

I'm all for the equal rights. I did vote yes on 8 however because in my perfect world, marriage and civil union would be separate and equal. Marriage being the religious side, civil union being the gov't/tax side. If you can find a church to marry you, you can be married, but you have no legal recourse to make a church marry you. Likewise, any two consenting adults can come to the state and apply for a civil union to get the gov't benefits. That's my solution to the issue. Keeps all us religious nuts happy by keeping marriage pure, keeps everyone else happy by ensuring equal protections/rights to all in this area.

the people that have sued churches because they wouldn't marry them lost...

this is a mute point. i dont understand why its still being brought up.

you dont want gays to get married for religious reasons, fine, i dont agree but i can appreciate where you are coming from.

LOL, I see both sides...

Truthfully at first I was going to vote yes on 8 and in hindsight I would have voted no.

Really Im just arguing for the sake of argument. :D

marriage and civil union would be separate and equal.

Awww no he didn't!!

Marriage being the religious side, civil union being the gov't/tax side.

I agree with that as long as marriage is completely removed from the rule of law, ultimately on a federal level, and the only thing possible through the government is a civil union.

Until that day comes there should be no legal standing for heterosexuals to be allowed to be classified as married by the government and not homosexuals.

No sane person is arguing that churches should be forced to marry people that they do not want to, those that have brought up such arguments are wrong.

Back