• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experience ProComp vs. Rubicon Exp. Leaf springs? 3.5" lift

4wheelsgood

NAXJA Forum User
I did the front end right (3.5" lift springs) but tried to get by cheap in the back with add-a-leaf and shackles. Predictably, my rear leaf springs are bowing up behind the axle.

So as soon as I see what's left after Xmas (if anything), I want to do the back end right with a pair of leaf springs that will lift my '84 XJ 3.5" or so. (I figure I can correct any height/leveling issues with my Rough Country rear shackles, which have 2 holes to choose from)

I see the ProComp leaf springs are considerably cheaper than the RE. (About $250/pair with shipping on Ebay vs. $350 + shipping just about anywhere). Is this the first clue that I should get the RE springs? Are the Pro Comp springs just bad? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I usually say stay away from Pro Comp products but I have to say thier springs are pretty decent. I have been running the PC springs in front and rear (full packs) on my rig for about 3 years with good results. No sag, it rides well on the street and it works well on the trail also. I cant brag about thier products but I just dont have anything negative to say about my experience

I've owned my Jeep about 6 months now, and bought it with a 3.5" pro-comp lift. The rear was done using an AAL, so I replaced it with full leaf packs, again, from pro-comp. I have been very happy with the setup. It rides very well, and flexes pretty decent as well.

As always, this is just my opinion, and you're may differ.

Im on the fence about RE's leaf springs. I love Rubicon express but I had the 4.5" superflex with full packs and it sat levelish/looked saggy. But my dad has the 3.5" superflex with full packs on his jeep and they are solid. We hooked our 19' Maxum boat up to it and they barely nudged. Idk it could have been the shackle that I had.

Back