• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hissing and Vac/Fuel Testing

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
I have this weird hiss/whistle that is coming from the front of the engine manifold area. Its relly hard to tell over the exhaust / engine sound but everytime i look at it i get the feeling the hiss is coming from the fuel rail area.

I have purchased a vac gauge and connected it to my manifold (in place of char canister) and it swings from 16-17 Hg @ warm idle. I am not sure what its supposed to be but that seems a bit low to me. The manifold bolts are tight (just installed new apn exh header) and the vac hoses seem to have no effect when i disconnect them and block their inputs.

For the most part the idle is ok, hick up here and there but i guess acceptable. Should i test the fuel pressure next ?

pete

what year? My renix had this, line was in wrong spot and a tube was sucking. easy fix for me.

Back