• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5" lift options...

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for options for 2.5" of lift. i currently have a busted BB, rear leafs have about had it. i like the st ance my jeep has but i figure another 1/2" or so would help clear my current 245s alittle better on the trail. im looking for a somewhat low c.o.g. what are my options for this? let me know what you could do? i know OME is a def option and they are on list. just wondering what else..

Well if you can go OME do that. It's always a question on what you want to spend. I put 120 into 2.5 RE leafs and ZJ coils and the ride was okay. If you have the extra money put it into a good lift.

what kind(components) of BB do you have? shackle, add a leaf, spacers?

for the front, you could get zj springs and use the spacers you have and for the rear, quadratech sells HD stock rear leafs that provide about 1.5" of lift and if you have longer shackles, use those with the HD springs. at 2.5" of lift, you may want to think about an adjustable trackbar and good shocks.

i have the RE BB so im working with the front spacer and a add-a-leaf.

I have the same kit...snagged some coils off of a ZJ and am adding JKS shackles on the rear. also got some bar pin eliminators to give me more travel. I should have 3.25/3 inches, front and rear...

I have the same kit...snagged some coils off of a ZJ and am adding JKS shackles on the rear. also got some bar pin eliminators to give me more travel. I should have 3.25/3 inches, front and rear...

post up pics when thats completed, would like to see how that turns out.....

the only thing about adding a shackle to my rear is, the leafs are already flat. no arch in them at all. ive noticed my front end is sitting higher than my rear by alittle. ive been thinking of just going with a re 3.5" SF or maybe SR. but if i were to go the 2.5" route i was thinking either.....

- buying the HD ome kit

or

- qt hd leafs
- jks shackle
- OME hd coils up front
- re monotubed
- jks discos
- tcase drop

the only thing about adding a shackle to my rear is, the leafs are already flat. no arch in them at all. ive noticed my front end is sitting higher than my rear by alittle. ive been thinking of just going with a re 3.5" SF or maybe SR. but if i were to go the 2.5" route i was thinking either.....

- buying the HD ome kit

or

- qt hd leafs
- jks shackle
- OME hd coils up front
- re monotubed
- jks discos
- tcase drop

looks like a a good plan. what is your question?

My recommendation is to get the Quadratec HD rear leafs, which should give you 2" of lift over stock and still ride nice, and add an extra XJ main leaf or an extended shackle if you need to. Then run V8 ZJ front coils with the RE spacer. Should put you at around 2.75" front, 3" or so in the back, and it's easy and cheap. HD leafs are like $75 a side, and you should be able to find the V8 ZJ coils in a junkyard for dirt cheap.

Back