• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Speaker Problem

OSUBauer

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced all 4 speakers in my 93 with Sony Xplods from Wal-mart. Problem is the one in the passenger side rear hatch is barely audible. I have checked connection at speaker and polarity and all is correct. Any ideas?

could be a pinched wire,or just a bad speaker.try hooking the outher speaker back in and fad the radio to that speaker and see if it works.it can also be a bad chanel in the radio.

Prolly ur choice of speaker... if ur gonna cheap out, Dual is much better...

But seriously, did the factory work better? Have u switched right and left speakers? If nothing has changed except the speaker, and you are sure it's hooked up correctly, could be the speaker... you did say it came from Wally World...

Check and make sure BOTH the positive and negative wires are reaching the speaker. If only one works your speaker will still be audible but barely. Perhaps there's a bad crimp connection in the harness? If not then hook that speaker up to the other side to rule out a bad speaker.

Good Luck!
Matt

Yes I have the balance set to 0. Yes they are cheap but they are for a hunting/trail rig. The factory speakers were blown. I am going to swap the right and left side and see if there is any change.

OSUBauer said:
Yes I have the balance set to 0. Yes they are cheap but they are for a hunting/trail rig. The factory speakers were blown. I am going to swap the right and left side and see if there is any change.

cheap but they work well for me. i'd rather spend what little free money i have on performance. def. switch right and left speakers. i lost a channel on my old alpine with the same symptoms

Back