• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some info please

mekcanix

NAXJA Forum User
I am coming to California for a training seminar at Haas CNC and was wondering where I should go to check a real 4x4 shop out as we do not have any up here in my neck of the woods. I will be staying in Ventura for about a week from sunday dec 14 to saturday the 21. So I would like to check out some shops or stores for XJ parts.

Thanks folks

John

Sounds like we need to do a Ventura County meet & greet!

some a-hole in oxnard(not far from ventura) makes all the sheetmetal for Hass and also builds some awesome "jeeps"

some place called rigwerks, you should check it out :D

So I would like to check out some shops or stores for XJ parts.

There are a lot of shops that specialize in working on 4x4 rigs in the Southern California area, but few are as far north as Ventura. Fewer still double as retail stores that stock parts. One shop is:

Conejo Off Road
3209 E Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 495-3344

A little further south in the San Fernado Valley, you can visit a branch of the nationwide chain, 4 Wheel Parts.

7640 Sepulveda Blvd
Van Nuys CA 91405
Phone: 818-988-2754
http://www.4wheelparts.com/

Also in the valley is this place that specializes in old Land Cruisers, but is also a big retail store:

Specter Off Road
21600 Nordhoff St
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 882-1238
http://www.sor.com/

That being said, most of us tend to find the prices when combined with the added sales tax more expensive then some of the online, out of state vendors that support NAXJA. Many vendors even give members a discount. I venture to guess that many of us prefer to shop online. Even factoring in the shipping costs, we can often find most items cheaper online.

Wouldn't you have to worry about duty taking stuff back into Canada?

There are a lot of shops that specialize in working on 4x4 rigs in the Southern California area, but few are as far north as Ventura. Fewer still double as retail stores that stock parts. One shop is:

Conejo Off Road
3209 E Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 495-3344

Conejo Off Road went out of business a few years back; they were bought out by 4 Wheel Parts. Same guys still work there for the most part though. I worked there for a little while in college.

I could do wed. or thurs. night that week

Conejo Off Road went out of business a few years back; they were bought out by 4 Wheel Parts. Same guys still work there for the most part though. I worked there for a little while in college.

Thanks. I stand corrected. In my defense, I did google them and found enough references to suggest they were still open.

My bad.

Thanks. I stand corrected. In my defense, I did google them and found enough references to suggest they were still open.

My bad.

No worries, just wanted to get the info out.

Back