• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep pulls right under braking

SpenceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been having this problem alot lately, under braking it pulls to the right fairly hard. I had to brake really hard for a stoplight today and it almost went out of control, I don't have abs either which just adds to it.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the left front caliper is not doing it's thing.

Time to do brake maintance. I'd do new calipers and pads. Check the discs to see it there are damaged, if they are, do them also.

I know that post seems kinda parts intense, but the parts are reasonably cheap and it all gets done the 1st time. My expereince with calipers is that if one is causing issues, it will not be too long until the other one does also.

I am of course, "ass-u-me-ing" that this is an OEM issue, and you didn't just Mod your brakes. If you moded them, the cause is the same, but the solution may be different.

It sounds like the left front caliper is not doing it's thing.

Time to do brake maintance. I'd do new calipers and pads. Check the discs to see it there are damaged, if they are, do them also.

I know that post seems kinda parts intense, but the parts are reasonably cheap and it all gets done the 1st time. My expereince with calipers is that if one is causing issues, it will not be too long until the other one does also.

I am of course, "ass-u-me-ing" that this is an OEM issue, and you didn't just Mod your brakes. If you moded them, the cause is the same, but the solution may be different.

Dont forget that the caliper bolts can be stripped pretty easy with to much pressure so just enough on them will do it. While your at it check the rubber boots that surround the caliper bolts...... they will cause a grinding noise if they are missing or shot.

That actually depends. If his Jeep is modified, it could very well contribute to the problem.

Spence, are you running stock brakes, stock tires, stock suspension? We need more details!

Billy

For surely not stock ha, I figured modified was right for a modified car. 99' Cherokee, no abs, 33's, 4.5" lift. Stock brakes but got new rotors and pads a couple months ago.

Back