• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Twisted vs. Stock axle

Jump This

Just another minion!
So I pulled my front long side axle to do some work on it out in Moab. Found a nice twist in the splines so I decided to replace it with my back up stock axle. I tore that one up a couple of weeks ago and was going to replacing it with another stock axle.
My question is, would the Alloy USA axle, even with a twist, be stronger than the stock axle?
BTW the stock axle that I broke had the smaller U-joint and the one I would be installing has the 760 unit.

:dunno:

Rick

Don't do it. I had a twisted 30 spline D44 shaft that I decided to put back in. The very next day I broke(exploded) it on Highway 20 and it took out my locker with it. Not worth risking your locker over a twisted shaft.

So I pulled my front long side axle to do some work on it out in Moab. Found a nice twist in the splines so I decided to replace it with my back up stock axle. I tore that one up a couple of weeks ago and was going to replacing it with another stock axle.
My question is, would the Alloy USA axle, even with a twist, be stronger than the stock axle?
BTW the stock axle that I broke had the smaller U-joint and the one I would be installing has the 760 unit.

:dunno:

Rick

give it back to alloy for a new one

Back