• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arms length 6" lift

what kind of lift?

check the lengths. call the manufacture and see what they are compared to others. see what they give you....

i am wondering if any one knows the running length of there control arms with a 6" lift i picked up a good set of coils for cheap so i just sprung over my comanche and i am going to lift the front tomarrow lower control arms out of a dodge are almost the same but 3" inches longer i think they would work with a 6" coil i will buy some adjustible uppers or just biuld a pair but i have nothing to go off of.

there you go man, if you use the dodge arms, just prepare to have a stiff ass ride. those are made for a fullsize vehicle and not a 1/4 ton. so the will ride rough. just buy the springs and you will be happy.

there you go man, if you use the dodge arms, just prepare to have a stiff ass ride. those are made for a fullsize vehicle and not a 1/4 ton. so the will ride rough. just buy the springs and you will be happy.
:huh:

If the arms bolt up they will not be any worse of a ride then the jeep arms.

The ride will be worse due to running short arms at such a steep angle.

:huh:

If the arms bolt up they will not be any worse of a ride then the jeep arms.

The ride will be worse due to running short arms at such a steep angle.

i dont know what i was saying. it was like 6 or so in the morning. my brain wasnt working.

I think this is what you are asking...?

My Clayton Long arms were about twice the length of stock lower XJ arms.

Is that what you want to know?

~James

i am wondering if any one knows the running length of there control arms with a 6" lift i picked up a good set of coils for cheap so i just sprung over my comanche and i am going to lift the front tomarrow lower control arms out of a dodge are almost the same but 3" inches longer i think they would work with a 6" coil i will buy some adjustible uppers or just biuld a pair but i have nothing to go off of.

3" longer than stock is way too long for stock mountings even with 6" coils. RE fixed lower control arms are about 1/2" longer than stock.

I've made my own short arms using Johnny Joints on the one side and stock rubber bushings one the other. I'm also running a 6" lift and will be adjusting them to a lenth of 430mm (approx. 17") eye to eye when they go in. This should be about 1.25" longer than stock.

01122008217_800x600.jpg

gorman...how much did it cost you to make your own control arms? I like them!

~Scott

Scott, I didn't really cost them, but it was basically around $40-$50 per JJ and around $12 for the Moog OE replacement bushes. I had the inside of the tubing threaded at an engineering shop and they also made me the sleeve for the bush, so basically all I did was to cut them to length, weld the sleeve on the one end and paint them. All in all I don't think they were any cheaper than if I had to buy adjustable RE control arms. I live in South Africa, so shipping of parts is quite expensive, hence my decision to make these rather than buying ready made ones.

Back