• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 cherokee police prep????

Police package most likely? Does it have any skidplates, higher amp alternator perhaps, extended idle switch on the dash? Speedometer which shows above 85 mph? Maybe a limited slip in the rear?

i ran my VIN on a carfax and it came as a "1996 jeep cherokee classic police prep"???
what the hell does that mean and whats police prep???
Police prep is when they disconnect a spark plug wire, spill some coffee on the seats and spread empty candy wrappers all over the floor. :)

And the Jeep will automatically slow down and turn into every Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts that you try to drive by.

And if the red light is on at KK, hold on!

Really I'm just kiddin', so for our fellow officers out there, don't take me serious!

It's a Classic package (higher than the Limited in '96-'98 I think), so it's probably loaded to the gills (no rubber floors or vinyl seats). Probably just the higher amp alternator, skid plates, Up-Country suspension, higher speedo, and extended idle switch. Most likely it was meant for unmarked/undercover usage.

In '96 the Classic is NOT above the Limited. My '96 Classic has cruise, carpet, ac, cloth seats, manual windows and manual door locks.

Back