• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at these covers??

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Crane:
CHC-D44_04%2007%2006.jpg

Dyna trac:
image_prodcuts_diffcover3.jpg

Riddler:
rd30.jpg

Rockcrusher:
diff_cover.jpg

Crane also has their Recreation series.What do all think?

I think this is the tits, add a couple of LED's and good to go :D
clear_diff.jpg

Rockcrucher covers are about half the cost of others now... between $48 and $69 depending on where you get them adn for what application. I know thats what made my mind up when I was in the HD Diff Cover market. :D

RichP said:
I think this is the tits, add a couple of LED's and good to go :D
clear_diff.jpg

Does that sparkly green stuff come with the cover too!?!?!?!?

Another opition would be the new covers ARB is making. The look pretty sweet from the mag blurb I saw. Have a dipstick and drain build in.

Blue Torch Fab also has some nice covers.

When I get some I know the smoothness of the front will be a factor for me. The dynatrac will get caught on something, somehow.

Weasel said:
When I get some I know the smoothness of the front will be a factor for me. The dynatrac will get caught on something, somehow.

You need to work on your ramming technique then! Just back up and ram it harder!

My Crane diff cover on my d30 is worth every cent I paid for it.

I'll be ordering another for my rear 44 here shortly.

I put on the ruffstuff covers on the front and rear and then that weekend went out to JV and ran the same trail three times (Claw) over the weekend. WHen I got home I didnt think abot looking at the underside. A few days ago I happen to see some diff fluid under the rear, about a teaspoon. I looked at the bottom of the diff. I am Very happy that I didnt do a sunk bolt or a allen head on the normal flange that I got. about 1/2 the 12point head on teh bottom two bolts is completly rubed/clawed off, as well as about 1/2 the thickness of the cover for about 1/2" up the flange. If it was a allen it would have been to screwed to get a wrench in, if it was counter sunk it would be smashed closed some and or the head would be to screwed to remove. Now though with the 12pt head exposed bolt I just have to get a pair of vise grips and it will come right out and be replaced with more 12pt's..

I would recommend (IMO) to just do a plain flange (NO countersunk) and 12pt bolts.

RCman said:
Rockcrucher covers are about half the cost of others now... between $48 and $69 depending on where you get them adn for what application. I know thats what made my mind up when I was in the HD Diff Cover market. :D

Got any sites to buy these HD covers for $48-$69? I would definately buy one today at that price.

steering.jpg

Not sure how clear it is there, but there is no way to get to those bolts and tweak them. I could replace them with 6 or 12 points, but I don't think its necessary.

Back