• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should i make this sale.

So i posted up my dirtbike on racedesert.com, and then this guy sends me an email. This is it....
Hello,
I am glad to read from you , am okay with the price and condition of the
good . I really need to get this right away and am ready to pay on time ,
there is no need for you having it shipped. I will like my mover to schedule
a pick up immediately you get the payment confirmed or cashed from your bank
. I would have love to come for it or see it but i must let you know i am
okay with it and besides i work long hours and this will give to me no
chance , i will also like you to know i just want this as replacement,I will offer you an extra $60 to remove the AD from the posted site to be
sure you are selling this good's to me, i need this item so
much and this is exactly what i need the cost matter's to me but am ok with
it but what matters most to me is the item . I will be able to make payment
in form of US Certified Cashiers Check that is payable in any american banks
in US dollars. I will like you to let me have the information of whom i will
be issuing the payment to, via check .
Such As:
Full Names,
Address
Home and Mobile phone no.
So that the UPS can make delivery of the payment on time. I will also issue an
excess fund with the payment , so that when you get the payment, you will have
to deduct your exact amount and wire out the excess to my mover so that they
can be able to make the pick up.I have some debit to pay to the moving
company so they will not pickup else i pay them and the only form of payment
they accept is western union . Due to the fact that am not in the Country
and it is my secretary that will be writing the check . I will order her to
make
an over payment and when you get the check you will cash it an deduct
the actual money for your item plus the extra $100 for your run around
expenses. Then you will have the rest of the cash wired out to my mover
information i will give to you after you receive the check . Regards....

So does this sound fishy or not? He is the only person that contacted me in the last moth that wanted to buy it. This is my CL ad, The exact same http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/941489290.html

its-a-trap-cat.gif

That is definitely a scam. Don't even answer the e-mail.

That is definitely a scam. Don't even answer the e-mail.
X2, a scam, I have seen almost exactly the same wording from someone I took a fraud report from. Just try craigslist or e-bay. Nobody ever offers to pay more than you asked and they refer to the item as though they don't even know what it is. They will send you a bogus check that you will cash and then you are guilty of fraud yourself. I took a lady to jail for a similar situation and she even had a clue but did it anyway!

100% SCAM.

The cashier's check scam has been circulating for at least 5 years on Craig's List.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

You'll receive a forged cashier's check. The buyer hopes that you'll deposit the check thinking that cashier's check as good as cash, (They're not. They are simply checks and can bounce or be forged like any other check.) and that you'll release the goods immediately. Not only will you lose whatever you're selling, but you'll be out cash as well.

Take the cashier's check, don't cancel the ad and tell the buyer that when the check clears the bank, only then will you release the goods.

X2, a scam, I have seen almost exactly the same wording from someone I took a fraud report from. Just try craigslist or e-bay. Nobody ever offers to pay more than you asked and they refer to the item as though they don't even know what it is. They will send you a bogus check that you will cash and then you are guilty of fraud yourself. I took a lady to jail for a similar situation and she even had a clue but did it anyway!
Yea an extra 160$ is weird.

"banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR, including criminal prosecution in some cases!"

Garentee its a spamer. They send the same shit ass messages if you advertize on craigslist. Your your brain and youll see its a scam.

I think the guy is serious. You should email him back and give him all your personal information. You can trust these guys, they wouldnt do it unless it was legal.

really :)

I just got the same phony scam on a sand buggy I am selling on craigslist. They guy is very persistent and is willing to over pay and have me pay the shipper to ship the buggy to him.

he wouldn't tell me what bank the check was coming on or where it was being shipped, just hurry up and give me the information. I figured it was a scam because they wanted to pay 3 k for a $1000 buggy. Or they were setting me up to have my house robbed. But then he would have to deal with my dog Kujo and the cop who lives across the street.

:)

Back