• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rugged Ridge steering flex joint upgrade.?

89xjgrey

NAXJA Forum User
I have the Rugged Ridge steering on my XJ, and well, I'm thinking about replacing the tie rods on the drag link only with heim/flex joints. Does anybody by chance know the thread and pitch off hand? Thanks in advance.

bump. i wold love to know the thread/tpi. i currently have this setup and would like to replace the drag link to tie rod with a hiem. i saw that on another site the dia. is 7/8" and LH thread but what is the tpi?

Last edited:
Get rid of the RR steering, it's soft material. If you going to go to heims get them through Ruff Stuff, NAXJA vendor. Great price and quality. 3/4" minimum and some 1 1/5" x .250 wall chromoly tubing. The your done, no more problems!!!

If anyone is planning on throwing there RR setup away I would be glad to pay to ship it to me to see how it works. I would love to figure out some sort of fix for the thing.

Back