• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubber trim edging for cut fenders - where can I get it?

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
I searched / looked in my MSC book (its like a foot thick). I want the type that has a sorta metal flexy backbone in it. I've seen it before but its for maybe 3/16 - 1/4 thick material. As you know the fenders are thin, so I need somthing that will hold a little, I can put some RTV or caulk in the trim too to help hold it. But I want to get the right stuff that will hold up to some beating...

Where do I get this stuff, Whats it called... how much did you pay. etc etc etc...

I searched / looked in my MSC book (its like a foot thick). I want the type that has a sorta metal flexy backbone in it. I've seen it before but its for maybe 3/16 - 1/4 thick material. As you know the fenders are thin, so I need somthing that will hold a little, I can put some RTV or caulk in the trim too to help hold it. But I want to get the right stuff that will hold up to some beating...

Where do I get this stuff, Whats it called... how much did you pay. etc etc etc...

somewhere that services big rigs,buses,etc.

a friend of mine hooked me up with some stuff awhile back that worked absolutely perfect on my front fenders...i'll ask him where he gets/got it, and get back to you.

One name it goes by is Trim-Lok, check around with local upholstery shops. I used it on an MJ I used to have, worked fantastic.
MancheTrimmedandSuch002.jpg

^^ yep, that's the stuff I used. Worked great

I just used the door molding black vinal trim from kreagan. Its been on there for about 4 months now with a few trips to the car wash on there and its still on there so far.

Back