• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok, (1) complete list for a 2" budget lift

dirty d

NAXJA Forum User
been lurking here a longtime,read everyday. i have access to a fair amount of xj and zj parts (rebuild wrecks when customer work gets slow) anyway,i`ve searched and read many posts but i can`t seem to find a list of what parts i could use to get 2- 2.5" inches of lift on my `92 xj.

things i want to avoid are;
dropping the t-case, changing track bar,changing control arms, and adding a sye. this is just a nice old xj that is my dd. i do some trailrunning and mountain climbing but no rockcrawling.

can i use spacers under the frt. stock springs or can i use springs off a 93-99 zj? (have some parts of all these)

can i use any of the zj leafs to lift the rear? all i`m looking for is about 2-2.5".
thanks, for any recommendations.

been lurking here a longtime,read everyday. i have access to a fair amount of xj and zj parts (rebuild wrecks when customer work gets slow) anyway,i`ve searched and read many posts but i can`t seem to find a list of what parts i could use to get 2- 2.5" inches of lift on my `92 xj.

things i want to avoid are;
dropping the t-case, changing track bar,changing control arms, and adding a sye. this is just a nice old xj that is my dd. i do some trailrunning and mountain climbing but no rockcrawling.

can i use spacers under the frt. stock springs or can i use springs off a 93-99 zj? (have some parts of all these)

can i use any of the zj leafs to lift the rear? all i`m looking for is about 2-2.5".
thanks, for any recommendations.

Front V8 ZJ springs are good for about 1" lift
ZJs don't have leafs. They are coiled all around.
At 2-2.5" you might need a t-case drop. Really it isn't all that big a deal.

Shackles and spacers.. they can be found cheap new and even cheaper used.

good luck.

zj's dont have leaves in the rear. you could do an add a leaf or a longer shackle.
lol, i know that,just got in a hurry typing.

where are you guys getting spacers for stock xj springs??
would the spacers work better with the zj springs??
any particular company for the add a leaf??
i don`t really have the time or shop space to do trial and error with all the different parts i have lying around,need to do this in one day or night so i don`t tie a stall up very long.
what length shackles?
are y`all buying a t-case drop or fabbing one?? i have the equipment and know how to do the work,just sometimes you can buy stuff cheaper than the time it takes you to design and build it yourself.
again,thanks for the help.

If you plan on buying a bb, this is going to be the cheapest way.
Spacers in the front and shackles in the rear.
You could easily install this in an afternoon with basic hand tools,
just make sure you use pb blaster on every bolt 2 days prior to the install.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
now that`s the info i`m looking for,THANKS!!
actually started the pb blaster soak yesterday afternoon.
one more ?? are the stock length shocks satisfactory for 2" boost?

all i`m after here is to put back a little stance that 220,000 miles and 17 years have taken away and add a little extra room for the bumpers and swingaway tire carrier i`m sketching ideas for.

oh,and if the zj v8 springs are good for 1" of lift,then that would surely make a difference if you used them and a spacer or the stock springs and a spacer.

thanks y`all.

Back