• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air soft pellet balancing act

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be running 265/75/r16 tires an my jeep and i wanna use air soft pellets but I'm not sure how much to use or what kind to use for my tires i read somewhere to use 4oz of premium 20 gram pellets....is it really gonna Work? Will it damage the tires?

I am putting these tires on tonight so quick answers would be awesome!!!!

-PJ-

My buddy and I put air soft pellets in my 31s and they do work to balance them to a point. We used the 20gram ones. Weighted out 6oz per tire and added them. No Damage to tire. They make a cool sound when you stop rolling and they fall to the bottom of the tire. We put them in his 33s on his wrangler and they work fine.
Try them see if it works for you.
Make sure you don't get the
Biodegradable
ones.

So i picked up my air soft pellets....Can you believe it? you have to be 16 to buy and air rifle but have to be 18 to buy the PLASTIC BB's?! I have been shot at point blank with the air soft gus and they don't even brake the skin......so i had to have my girlfriend buy them...what kinda bullshit is that? But anyway i bought the pellets and am mounting the tires today during my shop class and will let everyone know how it went!

-PJ-

Hey Mister,
You're too young to use language like that.

lol

Hmm lets see...I'm 17, work on cars, worked in a machine shop, and my dad was a truck driver.....i think I'm old enough and very well qualified to use this language......

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hmm lets see...I'm 17, work on cars, worked in a machine shop, and my dad was a truck driver.....i think I'm old enough and very well qualified to use this language......

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

NO you aren't go to your room

:D

if it's "jumping all over the place" then your cable is loose, or the speedometer gear isn't touching the gear on the sending unit. If you haven't messed with the transfercase recently, that's weird.

i just bought 4 40 inch swamper ltbs .these are made in china.each one had a big balance patch inside from the factory.how would this effect the beebees?

i just bought 4 40 inch swamper ltbs .these are made in china.each one had a big balance patch inside from the factory.how would this effect the beebees?

It should not affect it at all....i get some vibes at about 80 but i normally don't drive that fast.

-PJ-

if it's "jumping all over the place" then your cable is loose, or the speedometer gear isn't touching the gear on the sending unit. If you haven't messed with the transfercase recently, that's weird.

Its not jumping but when I'm on the freeway it it reads 50 but bounces to 60 just back and fourth.....

-PJ-

Back