• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reamer needed

You'll use it more than once. I think mine has been used 12 times in the last two months and it is starting to dull.

pwrdbyjp said:
Anyone in the Ventura area have a 7 degree tie rod end reamer to borrow? I just got my JCR one ton steering in and don't wan't to pay the 50.00 for a one time project. Willing to pay a rental fee. Let me know what you've got!

I need one like this:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...id=946&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

Thanks for the help.
Wayne
Let me see if I can track it down, when do you need it? May not be able to find it since my buddy was here throwing tools around like a monkey.

This weekend would be nice, but there is no real rush on it. I'm cheap, I can wait.

djblade311 said:
doh I just went ahead and bought a reamer...

You'll need it for more than this one project ;)

pwrdbyjp said:
djblade311, where did you buy it? How much?

Snap On R121

$45ish

I just bought the same reamer..

I thought it was a typo At $45 from Snap on..

I asked my local snap on truck guy and he said. "buy it on the web, I cant touch that price" he wanted $85

David Taylor said:
How are those TRE's working out for you ?

About as good as ball joints :D

David Taylor said:
Oh really, have you gone through two sets in two runs ? I think you have broken everthing on that 44 but the ball joints.

All I have broken on the 44 was two TREs (I don't even think it has anything to do with the 44), one Alloy stub shaft, and 4 Warn Premium hubs. Everything else has been fine (shafts, R&P, ARB, CTMs, etc.).

I'm going 3/4 Rod ends on the 60 steering ;)

I can't remember how much it was exactly...I bought mine from McFaddenDale's . I'll have to check my receipt...I didnt have enough time to waiting for shipment from Snap-On

well I paid only $25 for my reamer at McFadden Dale's! They were having a 20% off sale when I went in. The bad thing about this reamer is that it does NOT have the socket end, just made for inserting into a big drill or doing by hand

Ordered it today from Snap-On.
48.00 Shipped.
I couldn't find one local to save my life.

Back