• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington Post: 20,000 More U.S. Troops To Be Deployed For “Domestic Security”

was there ever any ruling on the gun confiscation during katrina? Seem like the NRA would be making noise about that.

Did they ever give the guns back? I heard that with the last hurricane people were hanging out openly armed and there was no looting.

Old News. The news hit the board prior to Fall Fling this year. I remember making the comment "4 dead in Ohio" when I commented on it back then. Can't remember if it was non-tech or sooper dooper, but it's been posted before. I searched using "Northcom, Troops, wolverines, Red Dawn, & Ohio" as key words to no avail.

But here's the reality of the situation. Iraq is the size of California, Afghanistan even smaller and the 100k's of thousands of troops barely have a grip on the stability of those countries (yeah better than reported for Iraq, but worse than you know for Afghanistan). How can 20K control the size of the US? Sure the supply lines are shorter, but 20K? Heck from reading the posts on this board Texas and NAXJA are better armed.

Maybe it has something to do with the slooowww response to this:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64786&highlight=northcom

or this:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=972862&page=3

lets go put on our tin foil hats.

I have bladed weapons and slingshots now. More personal that way. :cheers:

"My gun and my knife are only tools. I am the weapon."

Weapons, slingshots, staves, sticks, rocks - doesn't matter, in good hands, it can kill you just as dead. And, you can always work your way up the chain - even if you start with bare hands!

Interesting. However, just how "temporary" would the "temporary surrender" be for evacuation?
In the case of Katrina, "temporary" was "forever". NRA took N.O. to court, and won.
So now all you have to do is present evidence you purchased the weapon, and they will give it back.(to date, no weapons returned)

Eh, I'm not worried anymore. As Saruman said on the Tower, "Let them come." I think the gov seriously underestimates angry Americans in large numbers. Lets not forget, either, the vast amount of unregistered weapons that are owned by American citizens that gov has unaccounted for. If one revolts, all will begin to revolt. I don't care how sophisticated the army, navy, etc thinks there weapons are. They would lose in the end. Only way too win is to kill us all. I have already foreseen my death....a great big ball of fire:explosion

In the case of Katrina, "temporary" was "forever". NRA took N.O. to court, and won.
So now all you have to do is present evidence you purchased the weapon, and they will give it back.(to date, no weapons returned)

Prezacktly.

The Social Security Programme was only meant to be "temporary" (a Depression-era stopgap with a five-year concept life. It's been seventy years for a five-year programme more patched than a hippie's jacket, and we wonder why it don't worth worth a bent cent?)

The Federal Income Tax had been implemented during wartime several times - and was temporary each time - until about World War I (or was it WWII? I don't recall, and I don't feel like looking it up at the moment.) Now, the "temporary" Federal Income Tax is "permanent," it's applied wrong according to itself (IIRC, you are subject to either the Federal or a State income tax. Meaning, you're only subject to Federal income tax if you live on post, in territories or protectorates, in DC, or you're an American earning money overseas. But, try reading 26CFR sometimes - and people wonder why I want to start deducting booze as a tax preparation expense. Hell - that's the only way that rubbish makes sense!)

Hm - "temporary" being either seventy-five years now, or 90/60 years (depending on when the FITA was "ratified" - even though it was never fully ratified.)

You want to "temporarily" hold my hardware while you get me out? Nah - I'll take me chances and hold on to my gear! If I need to get out, I'll get out under my own steam, and by my own rules. I just can't bring myself to trust someone who isn't willing to trust me...

You want to "temporarily" hold on to my sidearm? Fine - I want a receipt and a $2500 deposit before I hand it over. Fair enough? Gimme it back, and you'll get your dosh and paper back. I don't get it back inside of a fortnight, and I'll take the money and go buy another one and report the one I handed over as stolen. Not "lost" - "stolen" - because, as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what happened.

And it still seems to me that using the Armed Forces for "domestic security" flies in the face of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 ("domestic security" could be easily interpreted as "police force" or "law enforcement" - and PCA1878 is intended to prevent the US Armed Forces to be used to augment police. The National Guard is in a grey area - if the governor activates it, they can augment state PDs. If the President activates them, PCA1878 applies.)

who keeps reciepts handy? Isn't posessition good enough?

who keeps reciepts handy? Isn't posessition good enough?
Who has paper receipts handy in a climate with 98% humidity, after a hurricane flood, and no power for 2 months?

Oh, and the Govt is in possession(which they seem to be happy about.)

I have already foreseen my death....a great big ball of fire:explosion
Why? Are you planning on losing? I mean, at BEST, I'd call that a contingency.

Back