• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping things fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I found an email in my inbox this morning, which reminded me what NAXJA and this chapter is all about:
Technical XJ/MJ discussion and provision of related resources;
Coordination and hosting of off-road Events;
Development of XJ/MJ regional NAXJA chapters;
Responsible use of public lands through membership in land use focused organizations;
Exploring, maintaining, preserving and enjoying OHV trails with our fellow club members;
Providing social, educational and family recreational activities for its membership;
Promoting the continuing and renewed use of public lands for Highway/Off-Highway Vehicle (HOHV) recreation;
Participating in, and supporting, activities to further the causes of OHV enthusiasts and users of the outdoors;
Improving the status of our sport through the development of better public image and association with people who are interested and active in the sport;
Publicizing and promoting the ideals of the United Four Wheel Drive Association (UFWDA) and Tread Lightly.

A lot of folks have joined NAXJA because of the atmosphere we had here. It was friendly and family oriented. Recently it seems we have lots of drama. Drama at the events, drama with deals made between folks, drama.... on top of drama. This drama gets people's reputation's tarnished. This drama starts making people choose camps and it becomes us vs them, old vs young, rock crawlers vs go fast dudes... you name it. Also we have had foul language usage spike. Seems that folks often cuss for the sake of cussing and while it might be fine (given the appropriate circumstanecs) around the camp fire or on the trail (for example there are certain words noone is going to crucify the speaker for when they're uttered in pain as you smack your knuckles against something as your hand slips of a wrench) but they don't belong here. So request goes out to all to keep the decorum up and keep in mind that this is a forum that is read by a very wide audience.

Also a request to those that are bothered by the language, sexual innuendos that go too far, and threats of violence or boasts of rule breaking: USE THE REPORT POST BUTTON. You ask what it looks like? It looks like this:
report.gif
. When you hit this, on an innapropriate post, you are then presented with a window where you can type a short description of why this post needs attention and that goes out to the mods. Those reports are kept confidential and only the moderators can see them. They do allow us to act upon a post that would get otherwise missed as we do not read all the posts. Now here's a flipside: not all reported posts will get acted upon as the post will be evaluated against the rules. Also the reported post might not get acted upon immediately as none of the mods might be near a comp checking their emails.

Anyways, hope this makes some sense to y'all.... as it's early, my brain is still trying to decide which timezone I'm in and what weather climate ;)

Oh geez.. so where is this REPORT POST BUTTON you speak of, haha?

thanks remi...that list should provide a decent set of guidelines for posts. Save the drama for your mama (or take it backchannel) and get back to our roots and reasons why NAXJA is here in the first place

yea! power to the pplz we can do it, we can make naxja the s$@t again.. oops i failed already :(. jk jk plz don't ban me that was suppose to be a joke. :/

peace
ted

ps i agree, lets be family with differnt intrests again, instead of fo that does what they like and thats all they want to be.

I would like to see this chapter get back to the NAXJA I knew a few years ago.

I hate seeing all the drama and other stuff happening here. I have been debating my renewal lately.

If things don't soon come back around I will be moving on to other things.

I have met, drank beer, worked on, shipped parts, and so on with a lot of the people from the SoCal Chapter, it is the best chapter on this board. I have become close friends with a lot of you.

I have been in GA for a little over a year now and have watched the changes from the outside looking in. I will be returning back to SoCal once my lapse in judgement is over. I am hoping that the crew that I have become to know and love can fix this mess "WE" have been having lately.

Be home soon, Bo.

To bring this back to the top, here's a comment (or rather explanation) I received that accompanied a reported post (posted with permision of the reporting person)
Remi, the posts that I flag are of a derogatory or negative comment. We are trying to get this community back to a friendly nature and negativity will never allow it to happen. In otherwords if you have nothing descent to say, dont say anything.

My 15 yr old doughter sometimes sets and reads NAXJA with me and even she gets disgusted with all that.

Ok, rant over.
We all know that Jeeps can take up a lot of time. This often cuts into family time so my hat off to those folks that work on making jeep time, family time and work on getting the next generation of jeepers out there. I can definately see why they have often issues with things that are posted here. I think I'm the same way. Granted I don't have kids, but when I visit my sister, there are certain phrases and words I wont use in front of my 18 year old nephew and my 16 year old niece that I would use late night around the camp fire with whole bunch of jeepers hanging out drinking beer.

To bring this back to the top, here's a comment (or rather explanation) I received that accompanied a reported post (posted with permision of the reporting person)

We all know that Jeeps can take up a lot of time. This often cuts into family time so my hat off to those folks that work on making jeep time, family time and work on getting the next generation of jeepers out there. I can definately see why they have often issues with things that are posted here. I think I'm the same way. Granted I don't have kids, but when I visit my sister, there are certain phrases and words I wont use in front of my 18 year old nephew and my 16 year old niece that I would use late night around the camp fire with whole bunch of jeepers hanging out drinking beer.

I agree with you there Remi. NAXJA is in whole a "family" based website.

If you want more of the "not family scene" keep it in the Den or move on to the PBB.

my .02

I agree with you there Remi. NAXJA is in whole a "family" based website.

If you want more of the "not family scene" keep it in the Den or move on to the PBB.

my .02
or the BSC site, which i built for the SOLE purpose of being a jerk without bothering the people who dont want to see that kind of crap.

i tried. :dunno:

Making the chapter family oriented: :thumbup:

Doing it by sensoring negative comments: :passgas:

lastara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back