• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what have you guys done for switch pannels

search Fitch Box thats what i have/use. only because i have a 98. 96- have more areas to choose from

In my 90, I removed the vent below the AC controls and installed a panel there. I still had plenty of airflow through the other vents, and never missed the vent.
I also removed the clock and installed a couple gages there in a custom panel.
At one point I had a switch panel where the ash trey was, but moved them up to install a CB speaker and trans temp gage instead.
I'd get some pics of this for you, but the dash in the XJ is kinda dismantled right now. Everyone that poked their head through the window gave compliments on the setup. I want to do something similar in the MJ, but I will be building a custom center console for it, so locations will be easy!

I´ve just ordered a "MudPod" from a shop over here in Germany.

Manufacturers site: http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Mudpod.html

It comes without any switches and you can fit 5 aux. gauges (52mm) or the Carling Tech Contura switches (like from an ARB locker) or any other type of switch.

I´ll mount it above my headunit onto the dashboard. Hope to have it here this week.

Petedisco.jpg

podweb4.jpg

This is what I did with mine. Works great for me.

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

I also moved my defrost and rear wiper switches to the right hand side of the column (where the hole is) using a similar aluminum plate. Its just not pictured.

~James

pics of the cup holders!!! Mine suck in my 96! I like yours :) switches look cool too!!! Reminds me of Night Rider :D

[hi-jack on]

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

The cup holder fab project was probably the best "mod" I have done to my 96 so far.... :)

[hi-jack off]

Sorry to the OP, but it's J-roc's fault:looser:

I wish I had my overhead console installed, I'd put some pics up. There's a guy in my local club that does some good work with fiberglass. I got the overhead console out of one of the fancier XJ's, and he basically deleted the ambient temp gauge, and put me some switches in there and farther back on it, then sprayed a coating over it, so my switches will all be overhead on my 99. If I remember, I'll get some pics tomorrow.

ok thanks man. and how can you take the center consols apart to get to the area that foxwar71 did just on a 96- i was kinda thinking that would be a good part

I dont know about the earlier ones, but all it took on mime was a little screwdriver and some careful prying to pop it right off. Be sure to buddle the wires nicely and cut to proper lengths cause the space fills up fast with multiple switches like mine.

well i went for the easy clean and out of the way.. way haha. pics:
here is my brights, 2 Hella 500's on bumper with 55w bumbs ( soon to be 100w :p and another set in the middle ) and the roof are the rectangle walmart driving lights which are mehh. ( need better bulbs ) but are good for spotting deer before they jump out.
IM005617.jpg

just headlights:
PIC-0071.jpg

all lights: ( besides the 2 outside rooflight i havent wired up yet )
PIC-0074.jpg

my switches:
IM005620.jpg

:eek: You really need to run those wires through a grommet in the firewall! I hope you at least put a fuse on them! I install car electronics for a living, and that's just scary, MANY cars have burned up that way!

Back