• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE - Front DS question...

kewlkatdady

NAXJA Forum User
yeah yeah I know its been answer 10,000 times, but for some odd reason I can't find it and mama is calling me to bed...

I have a '88 XJ with sagging rear AAL...that I'm going to do the dakota spring lift and try to get around 4-5" of lift.

I have an auto/231/d35 non c clip...
When I do the dakota leaf pack I'll add a tera extreme short shaft SYE.

Will a XJ front drive shaft work in this application?

If not, is there another junkyard CV style DS that folks have used with success?

TIA.

if i recall a zj (certain years) have a front driveshaft thats an inch longer than the xj

From what I have been hearing V8 Grand Cherokee front drive shaft is longer.

the extreme short shaft kit is a little shorter than the other SYE's out there...
Does the 8.8 have a longer or shorter pinion than the d35?
I know the 8.25 has a longer pinion than the d35, but I'm not sure about the 8.8.

The D35 has a shorter pinion. This combined with the extremem short shaft puts you in the exact same position as I was last week. I ended up having a driveshaft built. I think from yoke to yoke it was 37".

why do you want to use the extreme short one? thats only needed in the yj/tj applications.

I've been told to just get one built instead of using the front shaft either way, as they're much stronger.

The D35 has a shorter pinion. This combined with the extremem short shaft puts you in the exact same position as I was last week. I ended up having a driveshaft built. I think from yoke to yoke it was 37".

Since the 8.8 will have a longer pinion, would the 36"(i think) shaft from the front work?

why do you want to use the extreme short one? thats only needed in the yj/tj applications.

I have it...brand new ready to go.

I bet the front shaft might work. Is it 36" extended or compressed. You want the center slip yoke to be centered when it is installed. This allows good travel in it.

Sorry dont wanna tread steal but....
Ive got a 91 2dr., 4.0, AW-4, front D30, Rear XJ44. Rubicon Express SF4.5 Adj. Short arm, 32x11.50x15.
I going to add a PROC SYE soon.
What stock drive shaft would work best in my set up.
I also will be going to 5.5in and 33!!!

Sorry dont wanna tread steal but....
Ive got a 91 2dr., 4.0, AW-4, front D30, Rear XJ44. Rubicon Express SF4.5 Adj. Short arm, 32x11.50x15.
I going to add a PROC SYE soon.
What stock drive shaft would work best in my set up.
I also will be going to 5.5in and 33!!!

measure, then go to the junkyard and measure some potential donors

well, i know that a v8 zj's front shaft is 36", fwiw...

well, i know that a v8 zj's front shaft is 36", fwiw...

37" extended, 3ish inch travel. xbobj and i are running them.

Back