• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree Nov 18-19, information

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Rockin' XJ Jamboree
Johnson Valley, CA
Nov 18-19, '06​

Come join us for an XJ/MJ run at one of the premier 4wheeling locations in California. Johnson Valley, home of the Hammer Trails, has the best hard-core trails around, plus moderate and easy trails, miles and miles of dirt roads for exploring, and even some sand dunes. So whether you're a JV regular or have never been there before, have a dedicated rock crawler or a stock XJ, come out and join us for a fun weekend of wheeling.​

Saturday Night Dinner and Raffle
Saturday evening a dinner of burgers and brauts will be provided to all participants. Cost of dinner is $6 per person. After dinner there will be a raffle, with proceeds going to Friends of Panamint Valley and the SoCal Chapter of NAXJA. Friends of Panamint Valley is the lead organization in the fight to reopen Surprise Canyon. Raffle tickets will be available onsite.​

Dinner around 6:30 pm
Raffle around 7:30 pm​

Location and Camping Information
Main camp will be on Means Dry Lake in the Johnson Valley OHV area. There are no camping fees, and also no facilities, so this is dry camping. Portable toilets will be provided. Campfires are allowed and encouraged, but burning pallets is prohibited. Means Dry Lake is roughly 4 miles down a graded dirt road from HWY 247, and is accessable to all types of RV's, with lot's of open flat area.​

T-Shirts
Sm, Med, Large, and X-Large $16
XXL and XXXL $18

T-shirt orders need to be recieved no later than Oct 15th. A very limited number of T-shirts will be available onsite. Please send your name, shirt size, and quantity with your order.

T-shirt orders including payment, and payment for dinner tickets, can be submitted by PayPal to [email protected] and you can pay using a credit card through PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account e-mail the order to [email protected] and an e-mail will be sent to you with a PayPal link to use.​

Directions to Johnson Valley
Johnson Valley is approximately 45 miles east of Interstate 15 on Hwy 247. From most directions, exit Interstate 15 at Bear Valley Rd in Hesperia. Go east on Bear Valley Rd and then on Hwy 18 for about 20 miles to Lucerne Valley. At Lucerne Valley, continue straight on Hwy 247. After crossing a four way stop, continue straight on Hwy 247, which is also Old Woman Springs Rd, for about 22 miles to Boone Rd. Look for a sign at Boone Rd saying Johnson Valley OHV Area, Boone Rd. Turn left onto Boone Rd, which is dirt, and go about three miles to an intersection where the main traffic goes to the left. Turn left, the road drops through a gulley, and continue another mile to the dry lake bed. Main camp will be at the dry lake bed.

For additional information contact Richard Gauthier by PM to Goatman, or e-mail at [email protected], or simply post on this forum.

Last edited:
Is there a scedual of what trails are being run and when?

David Taylor said:
Lets not call Clawhammer the moderate run this time.

You sure? :dunno:

We may need Phil to rescue rigs like he did that Rhino.

We may post up some trails as we see how many will be there. The trails will be run on an informal basis, so no official trail schedule due to permiting issues, but we will be ready. Post up what you'd like to run and we'll plan accordingly. We will check for equipment appropriate for the trail to be fair to everyone running that trail, but one of the purposes of this run is to give new folks a chance to experience Johnson Valley.

Jump This said:
What would you call it? :D
wait...what would you call it for someone running a full boddied rig?

Fawking easy these days

Jump This said:
Were you out there stacking again?
:D

Yeah. I knew you were coming so I figured with the amount of stacking necessary to get you through there I would need to start now. ;)

I also will be bringing fuses ;)

Captain Ron said:
Don't forget steering parts.

For both of youz. :D

--ron

I'll have different parts on my front 60 by then (hopefully) ;)

cracker said:
Yeah. I knew you were coming so I figured with the amount of stacking necessary to get you through there I would need to start now. ;)

I also will be bringing fuses ;)

Yeah....rub it in!
I now have a full dyno lab with me...along with some monster steering parts!!
:D
Rick R

Jes said:
That trail has always been easy, body or no body.
Easy is a relative term...Ryan (Rawbrown) Ron and myself managed to make it look...um......interesting? after a case (or two?) of brew and nobody bringing any spares last time we got together!
Gotta' love it!
Rick R

Just to emphasize the proceedure for ordering T-shirts, and giving us a better count for dinner, here is what to do. It's in the info post above, but here it is again.

T-Shirts
Sm, Med, Large, and X-Large $16
XXL and XXXL $18

T-shirt orders need to be recieved no later than Oct 15th. A very limited number of T-shirts will be available onsite. Please send your name, shirt size, and quantity with your order.

T-shirt orders including payment, and payment for dinner tickets ($6 each), can be submitted by PayPal to [email protected] and you can pay using a credit card through PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account e-mail the order to [email protected] and an e-mail will be sent to you with a PayPal link to use.​

Jes said:
That trail has always been easy, body or no body.
Moderate at best. I think I'll go for something tougher this time out, last year was my shake down run. Ethan and I will be there as well as my eldest son, Richard and his wife Cheryl. I'll be splitting the time between the XJ and the bike. Put me down for 5 shirts, I'll get the sizes and the PayPal to you in the next few days.

Thanks Richard

TIM

Last edited:
Hey Richard,

I will be there! put me down for 2 dinners and 2 XL shirts. I will Pay Pal you next week!

Thanks,

sent you money for 2 shirts (xl&xxl) and 2 dinners.

juryrigjalopy said:
sent you money for 2 shirts (xl&xxl) and 2 dinners.

Thanks for the order....got it.

See you there,

Back