• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good offroad lights for around $50

2nd the hella 500's. They are only 55w but still very bright

you can put a 100w bulb in the 500's. You will just need to get a stronger relay. The 100w bulb looks the same as the 55w. It just does not have the half moon indent cut out. nip that part into a circle and it will fit in the housing just fine. I would def find a stronger relay though.

I love the 500's

another vote for hella 500. They are great lights with 55watt bulbs, even better with 100watts.

I think i would rewire with 10-12gauge (if they do not come stock with 10-12gauge) in addition to the beefier relay that was mentioned

+1 for hella 500's!

I got mine at wallyworld for 49.99

round lights > square lights
german lights > chinese lights
HID conversions > halogen.

cheap stuff might work at 0-5mph, as is commonly seen in some parts of the country... i live in the desert and such demand more.... hella 500 HID AT LEAST!

also, the thread subject mentions OFFROAD lights, ie, turn the shit off when your on-road, nobody wants to be blinded cause your giddy about your lights!... that being said, dont cut a guy with HID's off at night time! hella driving pattern 500's + hids = purple spots in your vision!

Last edited:
the idea of buying a SUPER-cheap housing, and replacing the bulb with a high power bulb just doesnt make sense to me... theres 2 parts to a light, light output and the optics... it doesnt matter how bright you are, if your optics have black spots and just plain suck....
$15 lights? come on, dont tell me theyre good, because i dont beleive you.

the differance between stock 55w hella 500's, and the higher wattage halogen bulbs commonly available is noticeable.... but nothing amazing. i bought 3 sets of hellas at the same time, and had both wattage installed at the same time.

the jump to HID is that 'WOW' your looking for, and isnt THAT expensive!

Back