• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock control arms and bushings

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Need to start planning on fixing the stock control arms on both the 98XJ and the 97ZJ. Bushings are cracking. We're talking 4 on the XJ and 8 on the ZJ. I'm also assuming that the 97 TJ's are in the same condition just due to age. Thats 16 more for a total of 28. Whats the best approach for this. Anybody know if and where I can get a 'group buy' on that many :D :D :D
1. Replace the whole complete control arms with new from say crown if they have them.
Remove and replace the bushings, how hard is it to get the old ones out and new ones in.
After market adjustables for stock height ?
I'd even consider used ones that someone wants to get rid of and doing them slowly over a few months if the removal and replacement is no biggie, I have access to a press.
I've never really looked at the stock ones other than taking them off and throwing them in a pile for a trip to the junkyard metal recycling.

Rich,
Q-tech has the control arms for the XJ at $30 upper-$20 lower
Or bushings for $7 each
I always just went with the whole replacement arm,but the uppers will need bushings pressed in at the axle end.

Wayne

Back