• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magnaflow High flow cat and mufflers

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone that is running a Magnaflow High flow Cat and/or muffler for a 2001XJ please:

1.) Let me know how you like it...sound wise and performance
2.) Where you got it
3.) Specific part number of the products

I am trying to decide what to go with since my muffler and cat are on their way out and would like to have some info to go on, thanks a bunch!

Morgan

Interested! :eyes:

I'm looking to do some upgrades on my '01 when I get back from Iraq. Exhaust isn't on the top of the list but it's on there.

i am running a magnaflow cat with a flowmaster and 2.5" pipe and a APN header and it sounds great! before that i ran a magnaflow highflow and magnaflow cat back with the stock manifold and it also sounded good but the mufflers inlet and outlet pipes rusted through the muffler it self... heres the jegs link for my cat... http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/94306/10002/-1

Magna flow hi-flow cat from Summit Racing
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294923429+4294838974+400636+115&autoview=sku
and Flowmaster Super44 Off-Road
DSC01433.jpg

I love it!

is that legal to have your tailpipe drop right after the muffler? I like the idea... just wondering if theres some rules regarding that state to state.

Indiana doesn't really care, I don't know about other states, maybe it's like the flare thing, I can get away without fender flares, while some other states throw a hissy fit.

if u get one of those universal cats w/o the bung for an o2 sensor. do u have to put one on yourself or can u just run w/o it?

If you have an O2 sensor after your cat, you need on with the bung, or have one installed, I believe the 00-01's do not have them there(mine didn't) because of the pre-cat things off the manifolds.

I am using a Magnaflow Hi flow cat with a glass pack and 2 1/8 pipes from headers to tail, and it sounds great and you can notice the power. It is not recommended to go larger on the exhaust pipe as if you have too little back pressure, it is as bad as having too much, I am told.

I am using a Magnaflow Hi flow cat with a glass pack and 2 1/8 pipes from headers to tail, and it sounds great and you can notice the power. It is not recommended to go larger on the exhaust pipe as if you have too little back pressure, it is as bad as having too much, I am told.

Yeah, I was wondering that. If sticking with the stock manifold, should one avoid going to the 2.5" I see a lot of guys running and go with 2.25"?

Indiana will title ANYTHING! I know someone who has a 2001 Indy car Chassis converted to a street car with a 396. Ohio wouldn't touch it, towed it to Indiana and they ran it right through. He also did the same thing with an alcohol 406 powered sprint car.

I've got an edelbrock header, catco cat (from summit), and magnaflow muffler. Sounds good throughout RPM range, pulls hard. I've had a flowmaster, glasspack, and straight pipe on the jeep. I liked the deeper sound of the flowmaster better, but it droned too much for me at highway speeds so i went with the magnaflow. Overall I spent about $60 on cat, & $65-70 on muffler.

I copied "Hot Rod"...

JeepNewMufflerCat.jpg

Except I have a tailpipe :p and my magnaflow cat has the O2 sensor opening.

I like the sound, not loud at all. Pretty good rumble.

I haven't noticed any performance gains. I've only had it on since last Friday though.

Dynaflow Super 44 "Off Road" muffler.

is that legal to have your tailpipe drop right after the muffler? I like the idea... just wondering if theres some rules regarding that state to state.

Its legal in Ca. I'm on my second vehicle with it coming out underneath. The smog guy complained about it on my Chevy S10 but only because his fat ass couldn't get to the pipe.

having it come out under the car does make it a lot louder in the cab though. FYI...Thats the way mine use to be, when I got rid of the muffler, then the cat.

Now im running a strait pipe to the back and love it! Use an O2 sensor simulator and your good to go!

Keil

Back