• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT lift, SYE, etc.

wheelin79cj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, First post after looking around for a bit. I am new to Cherokee's but not to lifts or Jeeps in general.

I am looking to put a 5.5in TnT longarm lift on my wife's Cherokee, mostly just for trailriding as there aren't too many rocks in Florida, but who knows where I might be in a few years with the military. I am planning on 33's MAYBE 35's in the future. I would like to know what specifically is the down side to the radius arm setup like they use? It was brought up on another forum about pro's and con's to different style suspensions and searching didn't yield any specifics. Also, does anyone know the spec's of the driveshaft that I would need with a SYE from advance adapters (not a hack and tap?) Sorry if this has already been brougt up, but thanks for the help.
-Aaron

you might search a little more, this subject usually ends in a which mfg's system is the best. safe to say everyone that runs it is really impressed with it. as far as the driveshaft goes,if you have a auto and a 8.25 rear diff you can run a front shaft from another auto. keep searching on all these subjects, theres tons of info. have fun!

TNT's stuff is nice. Wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're Navy, somehow get out to San Diego, the real wheeling is out west, not that mud stuff postage stamp size areas they have back east. :)

Hey everyone, First post after looking around for a bit. I am new to Cherokee's but not to lifts or Jeeps in general.

I am looking to put a 5.5in TnT longarm lift on my wife's Cherokee, mostly just for trailriding as there aren't too many rocks in Florida, but who knows where I might be in a few years with the military. I am planning on 33's MAYBE 35's in the future. I would like to know what specifically is the down side to the radius arm setup like they use? It was brought up on another forum about pro's and con's to different style suspensions and searching didn't yield any specifics. Also, does anyone know the spec's of the driveshaft that I would need with a SYE from advance adapters (not a hack and tap?) Sorry if this has already been brougt up, but thanks for the help.
-Aaron

The downside to a radius arm suspension is the binding that occures as the axle articulates, this binding is absorbed in the rubber bushings. I have the T&T Y-link and it has not been an issue for me, but others claim that the bushings wear out fast. The only other down side that I know of, is that the front suspensions can unload and rise up on steep climbs. Some install ATV winches in the front to "suck down" the front suspension when climbing or negotiating off camber terain.

Ok, as of right now it looks like the TnT kit wins. Is the binding any worse than a 4 link setup? What makes the radius arm prone to lifting the frontend on steep climbs? I appreciate all the knowledge and advice.
-Aaron

Back