• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM rear cargo tray help

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks-
I'm trying to get the jeep OEM rear plastic cargo tray, but the dealers in my area are a little...um...dense. I have an 88 limited XJ, and I want the OEM version specificially b/c it has cut-outs for the use of the metal floor tie-down rings. However, none of the dealers in my area (SoCal) can tell me if the one listed in their part manual for the 90-99 XJ will fit mine.

So...
-anyone know of any differences between the 88 and 90-99 XJ cargo floor area? I thought they were all the same, but the dealer's won't confirm it, and it'll cost me $30 for restocking if it doesn't work out

-any parts-guy lurkers here that might be able to tell me about fit? I have the p/n...it's 82202832. Supercedes to 82206581, if that helps at all. Need one in gray to match the interior.

Thx.
greg
[email protected]

The size of the rear cargo area is the same from 88 to 90. If the only concern is the cutouts, then cut them yourself.

I haven't measured but I have an 87 and a 98 and they sure are in about the same spots. I really doubt they changed but I don't know for sure. If I was home I would measure. If you can wait, pm me next week and I'll put a tape on them for ya.

Back