• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick help w/ interior trim (A-pillar)...

xL8 APEKSx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I cannot figure out how the A-pillar comes off in my '01. It's free and clear above the door and down the pillar, but the bottom section is behind the side of the dash and I don't see any screws and I can't get it out from under the "lip" it's stuck on.

How do you get this darn piece off?!

...anyone? I now have loose wires dangling from the inside of the roof and I would like to get them routed under the A pillar ASAP!

take out the screws, and just pull on it. there is a part that is tucked behind the dash, its a bitch to get that back in, but it can be done. the plastic has some give to it.

EDIT: ive never taken apart a 97+, just my 95 numerous times. should be pretty much the same tho.

Last edited:
Not the same, my 2000 has no screws. my 97 does. The clips are broken on the 2000, but it looks like they are just supposed to push in and pull out with out any tools.

Good luck. If they do break, just put a little silicon on them and hold them in place for a few minutes til it sets up a bit.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, there are no screws that I noticed. But it's hung up where it meets the dash, and I feel like I'm going to break it if I yank any harder. The clips came out easy; I'm scared of breaking the base of the pillar off.

Oh well. I'll try again in the morning and see what happens.

on my 99, there are two screws in the pillar area on both drivrs and passenger. You have to slide the tail end to unclip then you move the piece towards you to pivot the trim so it slides between the dash easier. It will still be a tight fit.

Not sure what you're wiring, if it is coming from the inside of the roof (like a CB) or the outside of the roof....but anyway when I routed the wiring for my roof lightrack I routed it from the roof, through a hole drilled in the B pillar and then down the inside of the B pillar. There are more than one hole in the B pillar drilled for the upper seatbelt bracket, so I just use that hole and drilled through the outer thinner sheetmetal to make a continuous hole. The B pillars are definitely thick, that's why I chose to use a preexisting hole.

Back