• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" lift kit Leaf springs not even

LSMOPARS

NAXJA Forum User
I just Installed the Rubicon Express 4.5" lift kit with full leaf springs in the rear but they don't sit even one side is lower then the other by about 1" anyone else ever run into this problem or is this normal??

Did you wait to torque everything down until after you had vehicle weight on it?

sounds kind of normal, they'll need to be broken in, just do a run over and make sure everything is bolted down right and in the right holes. also make sure the leaf bolts are in the holes on the spring perches.

the 3.5" with shackles

Shackle angle could affect how the jeep sits if you've got the bolts too tight and they're binding.

I would do like RCP said, loosen up your bolts, bounce up and down on it and retorque.

Remember that proper torque isn't always to apply clamping force, it's to prevent too much clamping force.

I have a similar problem, on mine the passenger side sits a little lower, but it has been on there quite a while. Not very much though, not enough to really care but its still a little uneven

BTW the jeep still sits with the driver side low around 1".

all bolts loosened and retorqued and nothing hindering the movement of the shackles

anyone here had to to replace a set a faulty ones?

Other than "faulty" manufacturers(and OME that make springs that are side specific),you shouldnt see a problem.How about some details!

Back