• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good and affordable track bar?

last weekend i was out wheeling and broke my trackbar. no big surprise breaking a crustys adjustable tb with the TRE on the frame end. my y link allows too much flex for that trackbar setup.

for a bandaid fix i removed the broken off threaded part from the tb and will put in a new TRE. i have to get the jeep emissioned and registration renewed next week.

a long term solution is what i need help with. i have done some searching and have narrowed it down a bit- but i still need some input

another part from crustys is out of the question. the springs will be the only thing from him on my jeep
kevins off road- a "custom"- from what i read while searching its a wj track bar- from jks and a ghetto fabed add on to a stock tb bracket for a rediculous "sale" price of $266. he may be a short drive away from me, but not for that price
TnT- from what i gather a good system and for a dollar more than kor's pos it sounds good.
Rock Krawler- has been personally recommended to me from a couple other guys here. i have not been able to find a current price of it nor installed pictures. the only pics i have found have been on the rk site of the bar seperate from the bracket. if anyone has the pictures of it installed -especially of the bracket - or knows of a good source for it i would love to know.
jks- $240 and i have heard great things. i was unable to look at the install instructions. does it reuse the stock bracket or is a new one required?
and the one i am leaning more towards is the iron rock tb- $190, solid steel bar, adjustable for 3-8" of lift and bracket out of 1/4" plate.

yes, i did in fact search on here. heck, thats how i found out about the iron rock track bar. i am wondering if there are any other noteworthy trackbars out there. a track bar with a tie rod end is not an option. and great quality at a good price is always helpful.

thanks
stewie

i have the iron rock trac bar. if you have a 3' lift they will cut it down a bit to be sure it will work.the other trac bars you mentioned are good also. but for the price you can't beat the iron rock bar. 1.25 " solid steel and 1/4" double shear bracket. my 02

RE HD trackbar,bracket and the BRACE.Cant go wrong,the Super-flex joints will pay for themselves.8 years now without a rebuild on either rig!

I am going to be going with the RE HD Trac bar and frame mount. Might as well spend the coin now and know that you aren't going to have to worry about it later down the road, Plus you get that cool grey color under your rig that everyone just loves! :)

I have TNT's trac bar and bracket and it is pricey but it's BEEFY. I also ordered thier steering BEEFY also. Customer service top notch. I ordered my trac bar and two weeks later decided to order thier steering and found out I should have gotten a "builder" trac bar not one for 4-6" (so you can keep tb and drag link parallel). They shipped me the right trac bar and sent me a tag to ship to ship the tb I misordered back. They are a good company and supporter of the site.

Parakeet

Kevin's bar is $225 after core return... it's a JKS bar and includes a modified stock bracket to make it double shear.
Given that you feel the JKS bar is good, and it uses the stock bracket... I'm not sure why the hate for KOR using the stock bracket and a JKS bar for less money.

I'm not pushing KOR, I have one, it works... there are a lot of manufactures to choose from... I really like the iron rock double shear with the 1/4" plate bracket.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I also have the Kevin's conversion. People say crap about it, but I love it. Hasn't given me any problems and it's been through a lot.

Kevins is a good bar,while its made by JKS,it not the same set-up at all.I think any of the better HD double shear bars are a good choice.I still like RE because of the optional brace,it really ties everything together helping to stiffen up the whole front end.

I am running the RK trackbar on the stock bracket and I would recommend it. Well not the stock bracket part, but I am happy with the trackbar itself. If I remember correctly it is solid stock.

I spent a while reviewing options for my new lift purchase and settled on the T&T kit with the drop. Lots of complaints about other bars smacking the front diff, bending/breaking, and other problems, that the T&T did not have.

Talking alot of shit about Rusty's for somebody who doesn't know punctuation themselves...

Yes, I am talking a bunch of shit about cRusty's. I have ran his products (4.5" short arm lift kit) for more than 3 years now. I believe that based on my experiences with his CRAP, I have more than enough right to. The only thing he makes that I even remotely like is his springs.

Pony up and stop being a fawking free loader if you want to critique my punctuation tard!

I have used two JKS bars and have had great luck with them. Sold the first one because I got new lift that required a different track bar. They are very well built bars. Dirk at DPG sells the JKS for $206 plus he is a sponsor.

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/jks.htm

Thanks for the reminder that DPG sells JKS stuff! I had totally forgotten about that.

RE 1660 track bar $179.95 + RE 1665 bracket $79.95 = $259.90 adding RE1670 brace for $74.95 would bring the total to $334.85. Thats a little more than I am able to spend at this moment. Thanks though

Back