• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Disc question...

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I seem to recall something about the orientation of the caliper bleed valves and seeing as I think I'm having problems with air in the system, and I thoroughly bled the system when I installed the discs... I thought I'd ask:
Does it matter if the caliper bleed screw points up or down? What is the correct orientation?

bleeder needs to be up. and yes it does matter

*goes outside, ducks under his Jeep for a second*
Whew! Dodged that bullet.
Still have to mod the proportioning valve, replace soft lines & bleed about nineteen bajillion more times but at least I don't have to pull the calipers...
Stewie- Do you have a shot of how you routed your soft lines? I'm thinking of cutting some hard line & going over the leaf spring with the soft lines to the caliper - any disadvantage to going longer vs shorter soft lines?

I'd route the lines under the leaf spring as Jeep did. If you ever have to remove the leaf springs you'd have to feed the spring between the axle tube and the brakeline.
I'd keep the lines tight to the axle tube to prevent anything from ripping them off. IMO, I don't think the length of the softline matters at all, as long as it's secured well and they're quality lines.

I kept the stock prop valve, its been fine. Id run the stock one and see what happens first.

As far as the lines, I just attached the rubber lines to the stock hard lines. Bent the hard lines so they would be out of the way of everything.

x2 on running the stock prop valve spring, it wont cause your brakes to be broken, just sllllightly less performing.
you have other problems.

As far as the lines, I just attached the rubber lines to the stock hard lines. Bent the hard lines so they would be out of the way of everything.

thats what i did. just bent the end of the line up and routed the hose so that it was out of the way. i have not had any problems with it yet. just take it easy bending the line as to not get any kinks in it.

Back