• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I should have known..

94CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have had my RC 3" lift on for about a month and a half now. I am already wishing I had gone higher, with say the 4.5. I have a set of MJ leafs, and plan on tossing the 3rd leaf (the one with the nifty retainers) in my packs and adding a set of 1.75" spacers up front as well as a tc drop. Is this going to get me into DB territory? And anything else I am missing? I know I will need to mod my brake lines/hoses, and I already have adj lowers and an adj trackbar.

Also, is it really worth it to lose the full time in my 242 by switching to a 231 with a SYE vs the hack and tap? I currently only have 31's, but next spring will most likely be trading or selling these for 33's. Or should I just stick with what I have? I keep seeing that there really isn't any mods for the 242 and eventually I would like to go bigger than 33's and would appreciate the headroom. Hope that makes sense. I'm coming from the hotrod world so bare with me. :dunce:

Do you have a adjustable trac bar? that will be needed and you will need db's or a mid/ long arm. tom woods has a sye for the 242 and nothing wrong with the hack n tap. aint broke don't fix it lol.

i have had xj's with 231's and this one with the 242 , i like the 242 myself. db's are the cheapest way to go for a better ride and flex at that height. personally i like my 3" lift for what i do hunting/ trails/ exploring. take a look at the iron rock offroad hack n tap. comes with a reconed front drive shaft and reasonable price also.hope that helps..

Here's how i look at it. what size lift do i need to to the type of wheeling i do. not cuz it's cool to lift higher, and what suspension parts do i use to make whatever size lift i choose work it's best.once lifted what is the next priority? imho it's armor. then if i choose i can upgrade drivetrain parts as the $ allow.and i don't believe off the shelf lift kits are the best way to lift a rig. that also depends on what you want from your lift. " IE" coils, leafs,control arms etc. are there some good off the shelf lifts? you bet, can you piece a lift together that is better ? you bet! Information is your friend. take your time decide what you want then make decisins on what fits your needs.in your case i would really think about going higher, ask yourself this can a 3" lift take me where i need to go? do i really need the extra 1.5 inches ,and the extra dollars and headaches it will cost me? then decide which way you really want to go.again hope this helps. i live 10 miles from the hammers , do i want to build my heep up enough to tackle them ? nope lol i will work on a mj type truggy for that when i have this one how i want it..

Back