• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building long arm....???

blackd-out-chev

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i really need to build a longarm for my cherokee. :repair: i have 7.5" of lift and the shortarm hits my shock brackets and wraps the axle forward...whats the best way to do build a long arm setup??? it seems like i wouldnt be able to just lengthen the lower arms without modifying the top arm correct??? and once i do a longarm what keeps the axle from dropping too far and spitting my springs? do i install limiting straps??? if someone could direct me in the right direction on this it would sure help. thanks a million!!!! :us: :cheers:

Scroll down to the bottom of this page,a few threads there!

ahhhh.... im sorry fellers but i try searchin and this site is a pain it never works out for me. i understand fully what you are sayin. jus needed help gettin to the other posts or the info. thanks

Look at the bottom of this page...there are related threads.

Try using the advanced search button. Select only the Technical forums, and try searching for like "build long arm" or something similar.

ok so i really need to build a longarm for my cherokee. :repair: i have 7.5" of lift and the shortarm hits my shock brackets and wraps the axle forward...whats the best way to do build a long arm setup??? it seems like i wouldnt be able to just lengthen the lower arms without modifying the top arm correct??? and once i do a longarm what keeps the axle from dropping too far and spitting my springs? do i install limiting straps??? if someone could direct me in the right direction on this it would sure help. thanks a million!!!! :us: :cheers:

just buy the lower control arm drop brackets that a few people sell. That will stop the lowers from hitting the shock brackets. Look into just buying a long arm kit. I dunno how much they cost tho. I built my own.
link5.jpg

Back