• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy

RgGriffith

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Classic XJ, and it used to be the spouses. I wish to upgrade and get "Aggressive" with it. The purpose it will have is mostly on road, with the occasional Recreational off-road. I have a limited budget, so does anyone have recommendations?

In order to go 4 wheeling you will need a bunch of stuff when you go Tools, fire extinguisher,cb radio, recovery points on your XJ (tow hooks) tow strap, first aid kit.
After all of those things I would go with a lift. How much of lift will depend on you're budget and how you intend to wheel. I went with a 3 1/2 inch Rubicon Express. I went with this because I wouldn't have to do any other mods that I would have to had done with a higher lift. With this much lift I could and do run 31 inch tires, I put BFG mud terrains on mine. Hope this help ya out some.

You will get much more response on the "naxja technial forums" than you will here.

Welcome, you will not find a better bunch of people than right here.

Michael

SteelerFan

Thanks!, I really needed the confidence boost. I had already looked at the 3.5 lift and thought it would do just fine. But where does the line draw from comfortable off-roader to extremist?

Thanks again.

Griff.

Re: SteelerFan

RgGriffith said:
Thanks!, I really needed the confidence boost. I had already looked at the 3.5 lift and thought it would do just fine. But where does the line draw from comfortable off-roader to extremist?

Thanks again.

Griff.

Thats a real hard question to answer. Every bodies idea of comfortable is differant. I can tell you that I am, very happy with my Rubicon Express 3 1/2 inch lift it rides good on road and flexs pretty well off road. I have removed my rear sway bar to with no bad effects at all and it gives a little more flex off road.

Back