• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax no slip gauge block questions

Blkxjkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I bought and just finished installing a used no slip in my 8.25. I bought a new spring kit that came with a gauge block from Randys Ring & Pinion. the manual said that the narrow portion should fit and the thick should not. The gauge block seems to be just about square, and neither portion is even close to going in, all teeth are meshed and the thing runs through the locker tests just fine. any one else run into this? do the trac loc and non trac-loc use a different size block? Mine is a trac loc if it makes a difference.

The blocks are the same size. Take it apart and do it again. Make sure all the springs are in place.

And your No-Slip IS for the Trac-Loc carrier, correct?

I've had it apart three times, all springs are in place. everthing I got literature wise with the locker says for limited slip case and the locker itself fits the smaller center pin that the trac lock uses, I tried the pin from the non TC case and it wont fit. I bought both the locker and the carrrier together used from the same guy so this setup has been run.

X2 on try it again. Too many have broke the paddle spacers. I would GUESS that you still have the thrush washers in on the side gears. HTH

Take it apart and carefully reassemble it on the bench. Check to see that the gears completely mesh. If not some tapping with a hammer and screwdriver will make them mesh right. I bet you will find the problem here if you check it out carefully.

I called powertrax this morning and found out I had the wrong gauge block sent to me in my spring kit the go spec for an 8.25 trac loc is .135. My gauge block was .263 so no wonder it wouldnt fit. I checked it with some feeler gauges and its right on. thanks for the suggestions.
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
I called powertrax this morning and found out I had the wrong gauge block sent to me in my spring kit the go spec for an 8.25 trac loc is .135. My gauge block was .263 so no wonder it wouldnt fit. I checked it with some feeler gauges and its right on. thanks for the suggestions.
Ryan

Let us know it works. (pops, bangs or lack there of, etc) Good Luck and have fun!

Back