• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to fit 33's on RE 3.5 SF

Ewen91

NAXJA Forum User
I want to be able to run 33" tires preferably BFG all terrains or mud terrains. I Also am going to regear. But I am worried about rubbing on LCA's and have been looking at the trimming needed. I know the rear tuck and fold. But am not sure of how much. Also the front can i do a tuck and fold as well, or is it just best to just cut off. im thinking only a couple of inches like up past where the fender flares mount. Could i run 12.5 or 10.5? i have after market American racing rims. but am un aware of the back spacing. But currently with 235 75's on the front tires stick prob about 1/2 -1 beyond the flare.

At 3.5" you will still rub a lot on 33s in the rear - you won't be able to cut-n-fold enough to prevent it. Unless you can weld, there is only so much you can gain in the rear. In the front just cut along the fade line usually left when you take the flares off. You can remove more later if need be. Be prepared to lengthen your bump stops. 3.75" backspacing should keep 12.5" tires off the LCAs. 10.5" tires might clear on 4.5" backspacing.

with the 3.5" if you trim up frt and cut fold the rear you will have plenty of room for 33's
you will need to lethen your bump stops no matter what size lift you got, ill be running 33's on a 1.5"bb with trimming and bumpstops

Here is my buddies 2000 with 3 year old 3.5" RE's in the back, and some sagging 4" skycrappers in the front. He is running 33x12.50's on a 4" backspace and has absolutely no issues in the front. Also up front we trimmed to the outmost line of the fender flares if that makes sense...basically where the flares touched the body, thats where it was cut.

IMG_2088.jpg

He doesn't wheel, but I am sure the rear would rub under 3/4 stuff. EDIT. There is a dude here running 37's on a 3" lift, I think your 33's will be fine.

i've got 33" tsls running with the 3.5" sf lift. works great. the rear will only rub if i have one rear tire off the ground. front will just touch the inside wheelwell when it hits the bumpstop.

Back