• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

work party this sunday at Andys

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Andy was kind enough to offer up his driveway for me to get my XJ back in working order. ive got a hell of a clicking sound coming from the front end, and i can only assume its a ujoint. so basically i will be swapping a front axle ujoint, and swapping in the steering setup i got from Matty last weekend (thanks again!). pretty much going over the whole front end and trying to figure out wtf the noise im hearing is.

ive never taken an axle ujoint out before, so i dont know what im getting myself into. it would be nice to have someone who knows what they are doing looking over my shoulder... or at least some of my buddies there to laugh at me when i mess something up :D

Andy was kind enough to offer up his driveway for me to get my XJ back in working order. ive got a hell of a clicking sound coming from the front end, and i can only assume its a ujoint. so basically i will be swapping a front axle ujoint, and swapping in the steering setup i got from Matty last weekend (thanks again!). pretty much going over the whole front end and trying to figure out wtf the noise im hearing is.

ive never taken an axle ujoint out before, so i dont know what im getting myself into. it would be nice to have someone who knows what they are doing looking over my shoulder... or at least some of my buddies there to laugh at me when i mess something up :D

Can I laugh now :roflmao:

i may come on out....

i need to install/revamp my front end!

Shit hopefully the ball joints I ordered will come in before then if so im there !!

I am now kicking myself for not picking up that used IR 2135ti for $100 last week. Grimm, I gotta find us a real impact so we can do this with as little hassle as possible. Still on, just thinking out loud.

Got a chair for me? I could bring my impact by for you to use.

Well, I talked to Craig (CDS36) and he wants to do his ball joints tomorrow. Anyone who is coming want to bring their ball joint press tool so he can change them? Or anyone have one we can borrow if you are not coming?

Thanks,
Andy

Sorry I didn't get back to you andy but scott is gonna let me borrow his we should be good thanks man

EDIT...I'm a tard. GF and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow. DAMN! Have fun guys! Already have the Jeep loaded up with tools for tomorrow too. :(

Last edited:
Back